Breast Imaging Market Size, Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Saudi Arabia), Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2019 – 2025
Report ID: GMI3893
Breast Imaging Market size is projected to experience significant growth from 2019 to 2025.
Increasing incidence of breast cancer will stimulate the global breast imaging market growth in the coming years. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), breast cancer is the second most common cause of death in the U.S. population. Each year, about 41,000 women and 450 men in the U.S. die from breast cancer. Thus, rising cases of breast cancer coupled with growing risk factors for breast cancer such as hormone replacement therapy, low child-bearing and obesity will fuel breast imaging market growth in the forecast frame.
Technological advancements in the imaging sector will upsurge breast imaging market size over the forecast timeframe. For instance, in March 2018, Hologic, Inc. received the U.S.FDA approval for its innovative Intelligent 2D imaging technology and Clarity HD high-resolution 3D imaging. The product offers enhanced clarity and accuracy in breast imaging without discomfort and regardless of breast density. Such advancements will increase customer preference for novel imaging modalities, thereby augmenting the market size.
However, the high cost in radiation and installation equipment coupled with lack of reimbursement policies may restrain the demand for breast imaging market size. Furthermore, stringent regulatory procedures may limit product approvals, thereby hampering the market growth.
Ionizing breast imaging market will hold a significant revenue size over the forecast years due to its wide usage in healthcare institutions and technological advancements in the ionizing breast imaging technology. For instance, in October 2017, Siemens Healthcare GmbH received the U.S. FDA approval for its HD Tomosynthesis technology. Ionizing imaging offers superior precision and clarity in diagnosis, thereby making it preferred technology over other alternatives.
Hospitals segment will show momentous growth owing to the availability of cutting-edge and specialized technology-based breast imaging techniques in these facilities. Improved infrastructure to provide better diseases diagnosis and treatment will enhance the market growth. Furthermore, growing number of hospitalizations will drive the segmental growth during the projection timeframe.
U.S. breast imaging market is estimated to foresee a lucrative growth over the forecast period due to the rising incidence of breast cancer coupled with the rapidly expanding geriatric patient pool. Easy accessibility and greater adoption of advanced diagnostic technologies will drive the market growth. Moreover, the presence of advanced sophisticated healthcare system coupled with favorable reimbursement policies for the market will drive industry growth.
India breast imaging market is estimated to witness robust growth over the forecast period owing to incidence of breast cancer coupled with growing awareness about breast cancer diagnosis. High-technology enabled mobile-mammography screening has been enabled in certain parts of India to offer early diagnosis to women at affordable costs. Numerous programmes and initiatives are in place to spread awareness about breast cancer and to escalate importance of early disease diagnosis. Furthermore, increasing investment in the healthcare sector along with growing research activities will further augment India market growth over the forecast years.
Few of the key companies operating in breast imaging market share include Siemens Healthcare, Hologic, Fujifilm Corporation, Planmed OY and GE Healthcare. Firms are adopting new product launches and mergers & acquisitions to expand their market footprint.
Breast Imaging Market by Technology, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- Ionizing Breast Imaging
- Electric Impedance Tomography
- Cone-Beam Computed Tomography
- Positron Emission Tomography & Computed Tomography
- Breast-Specific Gamma Imaging/Molecular Breast Imaging (BSGI/MBI)
- Non-Ionizing Breast Imaging
- Breast Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast Thermography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Optical Imaging
Breast Imaging Market by End-use, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Aurora Healthcare
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- CMR Naviscan
- Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc.
- Fujifilm Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Hologic, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Planmed OY
- Siemens Healthcare
- Supersonic Imagine
What Information does this report contain?
Customize this Report
Our Market Research Reports Include:
- Market snapshot
- Market Segmentation
- Value Chain Analysis
- Growth Dynamics
- Potential Market Opportunities
- Regulatory Overview
- Technology Evolution
- Innovation & Sustainability
Why Global Market Insights?Comprehensive Research
- All-inclusive coverage
- In-depth and granular data (ex: information for 8 to 15 countries, with clients open to add to this list, in each report)
- Penetrative insights & latest trends
- Offers holistic understanding of the market
- Unique methodology
- Iterative in nature to eliminate errors
- Detailed methodology, scope, assumptions and data sources available for reference
- Committed to making a positive difference for our clients
- Given the nature of this industry, we are committed to ensure that our clients get maximum return on their investment in our services
- Every purchase comes with an option to obtain additional information:
- up to 10% of the original cost
- 45-minute analyst tele-call to obtain further clarity on the market.
- Global Market Insights, Inc. strictly adheres to PCI-DSS security norms.
- Only PCI-DSS compliant payment methods used for highest level of client data security
Connect with our sales team