Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market Size, Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE), Application Development Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2019 – 2025
Report ID: GMI3538
Growing prevalence of diabetes in all age groups is the key factor driving non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market growth over the forecast period. According to WHO, diabetes accounted for around 1.6 million deaths in 2016. Rising incidence of diabetes in developed as well as developing economies will surge the demand for painless, economic, compact and convenient non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices thereby, fostering business growth in the foreseeable future.
Technological advancement in non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices such as detection of glucose level by monitoring pH level of patient’s sweat or tears will favor business growth. Increasing R&D investments and focus of industry players on development of advanced and cost-effective devices will drive the business growth. However, high cost associated with the non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices as well as product recalls are some of the factors impeding industry growth.
Raman spectroscopy segment is projected to witness lucrative growth over the forthcoming years owing to increased usage of this technology blood glucose monitoring. Moreover, benefits of spectroscopy tool such as rapid diagnosis, cost effectiveness, simplicity and user-friendliness, help to eliminate invasion and pain leading to its growing adoption during the analysis period.
Wearable segment accounted for significant market share in 2018 and is anticipated to show similar trend over the forecast period. Availability of advanced wearable non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices such as devices that measure glucose in hair follicles beneath the skin will surge the demand for such non-invasive devices. Increasing patient inclination towards wearables for use in diabetes management will prove beneficial for segment growth.
Home care settings segment held significant market share in 2018 and will show considerable growth during the forecast timeframe. High convenience, remote monitoring, portability and considerable precision are some of the major drivers augmenting home care settings segment growth over the forecast timeframe. Non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices facilitate amplified care and diabetes management with greater affordability. Availability of user-friendly devices for use in homes will accelerate the segment growth.
Asia Pacific non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices market will exhibit enormous growth over the coming years. According to International Diabetes Federation, around 82 million people in South East Asia had diabetes in 2017. The number is estimated to exceed 150 million by 2045. Large diabetic patient pool in the region and focus of industry players on development of advanced and cost-effective blood glucose monitoring devices should spur regional market size over the coming years.
Some of the major industry players operating in the non-invasive blood glucose monitoring devices industry includes Abbott Laboratories, Cnoga, DexCom, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Integrity Applications, Inc., MediWise, Medtronic, Nemaura, OrSense ,Taiwan Biophotonic Corporation, Tech4Life Enterprises. Acquisition, partnership and new product launch are some of the major strategies adopted by industry players to strengthen their market position and sustain competition.
Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, By Technology, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- MIR/NIR (Mid/Near Infrared Spectroscopy)
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Occlusion Spectroscopy
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Thermal Emission Spectroscopy
- Photoacoustic Spectroscopy
- Impedance/Dielectric Spectroscopy
Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, By Modality, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- Wearable Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems
- Non-wearable /Table-top Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems
Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices Market, By End-use, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- Home Care Settings
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Abbott Laboratories
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Integrity Applications, Inc.
- Taiwan Biophotonic Corporation.
- Tech4Life Enterprises
What Information does this report contain?
Customize this Report
Our Market Research Reports Include:
- Market snapshot
- Market Segmentation
- Value Chain Analysis
- Growth Dynamics
- Potential Market Opportunities
- Regulatory Overview
- Technology Evolution
- Innovation & Sustainability
Why Global Market Insights?Comprehensive Research
- All-inclusive coverage
- In-depth and granular data (ex: information for 8 to 15 countries, with clients open to add to this list, in each report)
- Penetrative insights & latest trends
- Offers holistic understanding of the market
- Unique methodology
- Iterative in nature to eliminate errors
- Detailed methodology, scope, assumptions and data sources available for reference
- Committed to making a positive difference for our clients
- Given the nature of this industry, we are committed to ensure that our clients get maximum return on their investment in our services
- Every purchase comes with an option to obtain additional information:
- up to 10% of the original cost
- 45-minute analyst tele-call to obtain further clarity on the market.
- Global Market Insights, Inc. strictly adheres to PCI-DSS security norms.
- Only PCI-DSS compliant payment methods used for highest level of client data security
Connect with our sales team