Content Delivery Network (CDN) Market Size, Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, GCC, South Africa), Growth Potential, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2017 – 2024
Report ID: GMI2365
Content Delivery Network (CDN) Market size is growing due to the increase in the need for live and on-demand video loading and delivery. CDN enhances the network performance by maximizing the network bandwidth, content replication, and improving accessibility. CDN also provides fast and reliable applications and services by distributing content to edge servers that are positioned close to end users. The demand is growing to address the inherent limitations of the internet for improving the Quality of the Service (QoS) when accessing the content over the internet. Growing trend of digitalization, the growing need for enhancing streaming services, and the proliferation of video and rich media over social networking platforms are estimated to be the major factors that are driving the market.
However, the monetization of websites and applications and the latency issues associated with the content delivery network are the major factors that are holding back the growth of the market. Besides these restraints, the increasing demand for the mobile content delivery network and the growing adoption of cloud services will develop myriad growth avenues for the market during the forecast timeline.
The growth of the CDN market is driven by the increasing applications in the end-user industry. Major end users are BFSI, media & entertainment, retail, education, healthcare, and government. The media and entertainment sector is estimated to be the dominating end user of the market. Media companies are leveraging the capabilities of CDN, such as web performance optimization, cloud security, and media delivery capabilities, for delivering the content to end users to ensure a flawless viewing experience. Furthermore, the growing demand for the CDN among media and entertainment sector is attributed to the growing demand for live video streaming and on-demand video content.
North America dominates the market due to the high internet penetration and the adoption of smartphones and social media. Furthermore, the increasing need to optimize the live delivery and loading of the content is also estimated to foster the growth of the market. Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a high rate owing to the rising digitalization and commercialization. Moreover, the increasing demand for on-demand videos and live streaming solutions are also anticipated to fuel the demand for CDN market in the region.
Major vendors of the CDN market are Amazon Web Services, Akamai, Google, Limelight Communications, Level 3 Communications Verizon, Stackpath, CDNetworks, Internap, TATA Communications, etc. Mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, partnerships, product launches, R&D investments, and geographical expansion are the common strategies used by the market players to expand their product portfolio and gain market share.
What Information does this report contain?
Request for Customization
Our Market Research Reports Include:
- Market snapshot
- Market Segmentation
- Value Chain Analysis
- Growth Dynamics
- Potential Market Opportunities
- Regulatory Overview
- Technology Evolution
- Innovation & Sustainability
Why Global Market Insights?Comprehensive Research
- All-inclusive coverage
- In-depth and granular data (ex: information for 8 to 15 countries, with clients open to add to this list, in each report)
- Penetrative insights & latest trends
- Offers holistic understanding of the market
- Unique methodology
- Iterative in nature to eliminate errors
- Detailed methodology, scope, assumptions and data sources available for reference
- Committed to making a positive difference for our clients
- Given the nature of this industry, we are committed to ensure that our clients get maximum return on their investment in our services
- Every purchase comes with an option to obtain additional information:
- up to 10% of the original cost
- 45-minute analyst tele-call to obtain further clarity on the market.
- Global Market Insights, Inc. strictly adheres to PCI-DSS security norms.
- Only PCI-DSS compliant payment methods used for highest level of client data security
Connect with our sales team