Sports Analytics Market Size, Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, China, India, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, GCC, South Africa), Growth Potential, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2017 – 2024
Report ID: GMI2277
Sports Analytics Market size is improving due to the need for valuable insights from both on and off the field to improve athletes’ games and monitor their health. This will help in making strategies from a collection of historical, relevant, and statistical data to help a team or an individual in a competition. The insight is used to ensure that the team players, coaches, and the support staff possess the appropriate information to make a feasible decision-making solution, which may improve players’ performance during the sport.
Analytics play a major role in analyzing the athlete’s performance. On-field analytics is responsible for aiding players and in enhancing their performance by showcasing optimum fitness levels on the field with strategies in place. Off-field analytics is accountable for running the sports association smoothly by generating revenue from sales of merchandise and tickets.
The sports analytics market demand is on the rise since the availability of a gamut of information enables strategy formulation and provides specific patterns, which are forecast to present opportunities for growth. Sports companies are also keenly adopting big data to formulate their business strategies. For instance, there is an increase in the use of wearable technology such as fitness bands and smartwatches that are being used among athletes to track fitness levels and monitor heart rates. It helps in understanding their bodies better and focusing on delivering better performance.
With advancements in technology, coaches can now collect patterns of how a player performs on the field instantly to gain invaluable insights, which may help them in changing their style of play during a match. Coaches or the support staff use big data analytics to design training sessions for players specifically, where every player goes through a specialized fitness regime. There is a fine potential moving forward that sports analytics may change the way we look and experience sports globally.
North America and Western Europe hold the majority of the share in sports analytics market and is expected to maintain the share due to the use of analytics in all sports academies and associations. However, lack of understanding regarding the use of analytics and technology in sports across the Middle East and APAC can be an impediment to the market. Moreover, budget constraints and high costs required to hire technical persons to analyze the sports data also hinder sports analytics market.
There is an estimation that the rise in the adoption of cloud-based solutions and analytics for complex data streaming is going to present avenues for future growth. Some of the players present in the sports analytics market include Tableau Software, IBM, SAS, Opta, SAP, STATS LLC, TruMedia, and Prozone.
What Information does this report contain?
Why Global Market Insights?Comprehensive Research
- All-inclusive coverage
- In-depth and granular data (ex: information for 8 to 15 countries, with clients open to add to this list, in each report)
- Penetrative insights & latest trends
- Offers holistic understanding of the market
- Unique methodology
- Iterative in nature to eliminate errors
- Detailed methodology, scope, assumptions and data sources available for reference
- Committed to making a positive difference for our clients
- Given the nature of this industry, we are committed to ensure that our clients get maximum return on their investment in our services
- Every purchase comes with an option to obtain additional information:
- up to 10% of the original cost
- 45-minute analyst tele-call to obtain further clarity on the market.
- Global Market Insights, Inc. strictly adheres to PCI-DSS security norms.
- Only PCI-DSS compliant payment methods used for highest level of client data security