Parkinson’s disease Therapeutics Market Size, Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, India, China, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, South Africa), Competitive Landscape & Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Report ID: GMI2724
Parkinson’s disease Market size is projected to experience significant growth from 2017 to 2024.
Parkinson’s disease therapeutic market is expected to witness significant growth due to increasing cases of Parkinson’s disease with the increase in aging population. As per the Parkinson’s Foundation, one million Americans are suffering from Parkinson Disease. Every year, around 60,000 Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and this number is expected to be triple over next 50 years with the increase in aging population. Therefore, it will drastically result in increasing the market size during the forecasted period.
Advancement in treatment such as development of the combination therapies for prolong action of continuous dopaminergic stimulation drugs, gene therapy, neural transplantation is driving the market growth. Other factors such as robust pipeline, growing government and pharmaceutical companies’ initiatives for the development of the novel therapies, promising pipeline drugs for Parkinson’s disease are stimulating the growth of the market.
Patent expiry of blockbuster drugs such as Azilect (rasagiline mesylate), Stalevo (levodopa, carbidopa, entacapone) and Comtan (entacapone) shall impact the market growth. Loss of the patent would lead to the genericized market with entry of the generics of approved drugs in the market.
Levodopa combination drugs HOLDS maximum market share as compared to the other therapeutic class of drugs such as Dopamine Agonists, Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs), Catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) Inhibitors, Peripheral Decarboxylase Inhibitors and others.
During the forecasted period, drugs administered via oral route would dominate the market as compared to drugs administered via subcutaneous, transdermal and other route of administration owning to the availability of maximum number of drugs in the tablet and capsule form.
United States Parkinson disease therapeutics market accounts for largest share in global market owning to the good reimbursement policies, drug price inflation, launch of maximum number of drugs and high prevalence of Parkinson’s disease.
China Parkinson disease therapeutics market is expected to show the significant growth during the forecasted period owning to the increasing healthcare expenditure and rise in awareness regarding Parkinson’s disease.
Some of the prominent players include Abbvie Inc, Novartis AG, Schwarz Pharma, Acadia Pharmaceuticals, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Pharma Two B Ltd and others. Launch of the upcoming therapies such as APL-130277 (Sunovion Pharmaceuticals), P2B001 (Pharma Two B Ltd.), Accordion Pill Carbidopa/Levodopa (Intec Pharma Ltd) and other therapies would fuel the growth of the market. In January 2018, Intec Pharma Ltd. had entered into a Feasibility and Option agreement with Novartis Pharmaceuticals for exploring the products of Novartis using the Accordion Pill platform.
Parkinson’s disease Therapeutic Market by product, 2013-2024 (USD Million)
- Dopamine Agonists
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) Inhibitors
- Peripheral Decarboxylase Inhibitors
- Levodopa combination therapy
Parkinson’s disease Market by Route of Administration, 2013-2024 (USD Million)
- Intestinal Infusion
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
What Information does this report contain?
Customize this Report
Our Market Research Reports Include:
- Market snapshot
- Market Segmentation
- Value Chain Analysis
- Growth Dynamics
- Potential Market Opportunities
- Regulatory Overview
- Technology Evolution
- Innovation & Sustainability
Why Global Market Insights?Comprehensive Research
- All-inclusive coverage
- In-depth and granular data (ex: information for 8 to 15 countries, with clients open to add to this list, in each report)
- Penetrative insights & latest trends
- Offers holistic understanding of the market
- Unique methodology
- Iterative in nature to eliminate errors
- Detailed methodology, scope, assumptions and data sources available for reference
- Committed to making a positive difference for our clients
- Given the nature of this industry, we are committed to ensure that our clients get maximum return on their investment in our services
- Every purchase comes with an option to obtain additional information:
- up to 10% of the original cost
- 45-minute analyst tele-call to obtain further clarity on the market.
- Global Market Insights, Inc. strictly adheres to PCI-DSS security norms.
- Only PCI-DSS compliant payment methods used for highest level of client data security
Connect with our sales team