Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Market Size
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Market size was valued at USD 12.8 billion in 2022 and is estimated to account for USD 29.5 billion by 2032. Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) testing is a blood test that provides essential information about the body's chemical balance and metabolism.
To understand key trends
Download Free Sample
The industry is being driven by the growing elderly population base as they are more susceptible to diabetes and cardiovascular ailments. For instance, the WHO estimates that by 2030, there will be 1.4 billion people worldwide that are over 60 years. Thus, surge in geriatric population base coupled with rising chronic diseases is estimated to augment market progress.
Additionally, one of the diseases with the largest global growth rates is diabetes, which increases the patient population for point-of-care (PoC) comprehensive metabolic panel testing. Over the projection period, it is predicted that the prevalence of cardiovascular, diabetes, and other target illnesses would increase, driving up demand for comprehensive metabolic panel testing. Nearly 17.9 million people die each year as a result of cardiovascular illnesses (CVDs).
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Market Report Attributes
|Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Market Size in 2022:||USD 12.8 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2023 to 2032|
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2032 CAGR:||8.7 %|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 29.5 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2018 to 2022|
|No. of Pages:||256|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||401|
|Segments covered:||Test Type, Disease Indication, End-use, and Region|
- Increasing prevalence of diabetes
- Technological advancements in comprehensive metabolic panel testing
- Growing awareness regarding early diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- Growing inclination towards usage of point of care devices
|Pitfalls & Challenges:|
- Lack of reimbursement scenario
- Stringent regulatory scenario
To understand market opportunities
Download Free Sample
The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the blood testing market, which reached USD 74.9 billion in 2022, primarily due to increased demand for diagnostic procedures. Due to the rise of COVID-19, numerous blood tests were performed. Healthcare professionals ordered CMP tests to examine the complete blood count, d-dimer testing, and point of care testing products in COVID positive patients, and this surge in testing fuelled the market for metabolic panels as a whole. These factors collectively led to increased adoption of comprehensive metabolic panel testing and thereby augmented market expansion.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Market Trends
Technological advancements have led to more precise and efficient analytical techniques. These techniques can provide more detailed information from CMP tests, aiding in the diagnosis and monitoring of various health conditions.
- Furthermore, CMP testing equipment and software are becoming more integrated with hospital and laboratory information systems. This integration improves data management, ensures accuracy, and enhances the overall efficiency of healthcare services.
- Ongoing developments in biosensor technology and wearable medical devices allow for continuous monitoring of various biomarkers, including those tested in a CMP. These technologies have the potential to revolutionize the way metabolic data is collected and analyzed. Such initiatives will drive market outlook over the coming years.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Market Analysis
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
The market by test type is categorized into glucose, calcium, electrolytes, kidney function tests, liver function tests, and proteins. The glucose segment garnered USD 3.1 billion revenue size in the year 2022.
- Glucose testing is a fundamental component of the CMP since it provides essential information about an individual's blood sugar levels. Glucose testing can also detect low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia), which can be caused by certain medications, insulin overdoses, or medical conditions.
- Additionally, abnormal glucose levels can be an indicator of various metabolic disorders, including metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions that increase the risk of heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. Early detection allows timely adoption of preventive measures, thereby accelerating segment trends.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
The comprehensive metabolic panel testing market by disease indication is categorized into kidney diseases, liver diseases, diabetes, and other indications. The kidney diseases segment garnered USD 4.6 billion revenue size in the year 2022.
- Comprehensive metabolic panel tests are commonly used in the diagnosis and monitoring of kidney diseases due to the panel's ability to assess various markers related to kidney function.
- Furthermore, increasing number of people suffering from kidney diseases is estimated to boost market growth. For instance, in 2023, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 15% of adults in the U.S., an estimated 37 million people, have chronic kidney disease (CKD). Thus, abovementioned factors are predicted to augment market demand.
The comprehensive metabolic panel testing market by end-use is categorized into point of care centers, hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and other end-users. The diagnostic laboratories segment garnered USD 5.7 billion revenue size in the year 2022.
- Diagnostic laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art analyzers and specialized equipment designed for accurate and precise testing. Further, laboratories adhere to strict quality control measures to ensure the reliability of the results. Regular calibration and quality assurance processes are in place to maintain accuracy.
- Moreover, diagnostic laboratories are structured to handle a high volume of tests efficiently. This enables prompt processing of samples and delivery of results to healthcare providers and patients.
To understand regional trends  Download Free Sample
U.S. comprehensive metabolic panel testing market accounted for USD 4.9 billion revenue size in 2022 and is predicted to witness substantial market growth over the analysis timeline.
- The U.S. has solidified its dominant position in the market, primarily attributed to the annual increase in the demand for diagnostic tests.
- Furthermore, U.S. advanced healthcare infrastructure, leadership in innovative medical practices, high surgical volumes, and accessibility to advanced test types contribute to its central role in the market.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Market Share
The comprehensive metabolic panel testing industry is consolidated, with major players such as Quest Diagnostics, Sonic Healthcare, and others dominating the market. These companies are focused on continuous test type innovation to secure a significant market share. For instance, in December 2021, Sonic Healthcare acquired ProPath. Under the supervision of a group of top-tier medical experts and researchers, ProPath frequently diagnoses patients from 45 states in the U.S. and numerous other countries. Thus, such acquisitions enable the company to expand and build a larger customer base.
Some of the eminent market participants operating in the comprehensive metabolic panel testing industry include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Quest Diagnostics
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Limited
- Sonic Healthcare
- SYNLAB International GmbH
- ARUP Laboratories
- Genoptix Inc.
- Nova Medical
- Charles River Laboratories Inc.
- Scion Lab Services LLC
- Walk-In Lab, LLC
- CENTOGENE N.V.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel Testing Industry News:
- In April 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Nova Biomedical's Stat Profile Prime Plus critical care blood gas analyzer for use at the point of care (POC). The 19 important critical care tests performed by Prime Plus, including blood gases, metabolites, electrolytes, hematology, and co-oximetry, are maintenance-free sensor tests. This technology gives clinicians a quick, detailed diagnostic profile, including a full metabolic panel.
- In August 2020, the GEM Premier family unveiled the GEM Premier ChemSTAT system, a whole-blood analyzer created for quick basic metabolic panel (BMP) testing at the point of care, especially in hospital emergency departments (EDs) and clinical labs. Such innovative product launches accelerate industry expansion.
Comprehensive metabolic panel testing market research report includes an in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of revenue in USD from 2018 to 2032 for the following segments:
Click here to Buy Section of this Report
By Test Type, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Other electrolytes
- Kidney function tests
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN)
- Liver function tests
- Alkaline phosphatase
- Aspartate aminotransferase (AST)
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT)
By Disease Indication, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Kidney diseases
- Liver diseases
- Other disease indications
By End-use, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Point of care centers
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Other end-users
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa