U.S. Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Analysis
Based on product, the market is segmented into estrogen & progesterone replacement therapy, thyroid replacement therapy, growth hormone replacement therapy, parathyroid hormone replacement therapy, and testosterone replacement therapy. The estrogen & progesterone replacement therapy segment accounted for highest market share of 55.3% in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 7.5 billion by 2032.
- Estrogen and progesterone replacement therapy has a well-established track record of effectiveness in managing menopausal symptoms and can be used for postmenopausal osteoporosis treatment. It is considered one of the most effective treatments for addressing these health concerns, which enhances its popularity and market share.
- The efficacy and safety of estrogen and progesterone replacement therapy are supported by a substantial body of clinical research and scientific evidence.
Based on route of administration, the U.S. hormone replacement therapy market is classified into oral, parenteral, and other routes of administration. In 2022, the oral segment secured the largest market share at 43.5% and is anticipated to exhibit substantial growth from 2023 to 2032.
- This growth is attributed to factors like its non-invasive nature, precise and consistent drug dosing, affordability, and the strong preference of patients.
- Oral HRT ensures a consistent dosing regimen, simplifying treatment management for both patients and healthcare providers. The steady and predictable delivery of hormones facilitates monitoring and adjustment of treatment plans.
By disease type, the U.S. hormone replacement therapy market is segmented into menopause, hypothyroidism, growth hormone deficiency, hypoparathyroidism, male hypogonadism, and other disease type. In 2022, the menopause segment accounted for highest market share of 50.5% and is anticipated to witness growth at 7 % during the analysis period.
- Menopause is characterized by a range of symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, sleep disturbances, vaginal dryness, and more. These symptoms can be disruptive and significantly impact a woman's quality of life. HRT provides an effective means of alleviating these symptoms, leading to improved comfort and well-being.
- Thus, the large share of the menopause segment can be attributed to the higher usage of HRT for the management of its symptoms, the increasing prevalence of menopause, and the growing availability of various formulation for management of its symptoms.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
Based on distribution channel, the U.S. hormone replacement therapy market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. In 2022, the hospital pharmacies segment held highest business share of 57.2%.
- Hospitals are primary healthcare institutions where patients with various medical conditions, including those requiring HRT, receive comprehensive care.
- Further, hospital pharmacies are well equipped to provide the highest quality of care and contribute significantly to the utilization of HRT.