Bronchoscopy Market Analysis
The market by product type is categorized into rigid bronchoscopes, flexible bronchoscopes, and others. The flexible bronchoscopes segment garnered USD 1.6 billion revenue size in the year 2022.
- The dominance of the segment is attributed to rising prevalence of respiratory disorders, including lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, etc. driving the demand for flexible bronchoscopy procedures as a primary method for respiratory diseases testing and treatment.
- Additionally, multiple advantages including fast recovery time post flexible bronchoscopy as compared to rigid one coupled with being cost-effective is further projected to augment the market size.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
Based on product usage, the bronchoscopy market is segmented into single-use/ disposable and reusable. The single-use/disposable segment accounted for over 43% business share in the year 2022.
- Single-use bronchoscopes are ready for use, reducing preparation time and streamlining procedures. This convenience is especially valuable in emergency and critical care settings.
- Further, significant advantages associated with use of disposable bronchoscopes include ease of compliance with cleaning and disinfection regulations during non-working hours, minimizing costs associated to trauma repairs during use.
The bronchoscopy market by age group is categorized into adult and pediatric. The adult segment garnered USD 2.4 billion revenue size in the year 2022.
- In adults, bronchoscopy is most often used to take samples of suspicious lesions as well as for culturing specific areas in the lungs. Flexible bronchoscopy is majorly used to treat non-resolving lungs abscess, pneumonia, atelectasis, and other diseases among adults.
- Additionally, growing prevalence of asthma and other respiratory diseases in adults along with accessibility to different size of bronchoscopes will further contribute to the segment expansion.
To understand regional trends  Download Free Sample
U.S. bronchoscopy market accounted for USD 840 million revenue size in 2022 and is predicted to witness substantial market growth over the analysis timeline.
- The U.S. has taken a commanding position in the market, primarily due to increasing consumption of tobacco and smoking that led to several respiratory diseases. Therefore, increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases is anticipated to boost the demand for bronchoscopy.
- Additionally, the elderly population base is more susceptible to respiratory disorders such pulmonary hypertension, asthma, and COPD which will further stimulate the demand for therapeutic respiratory devices, worth USD 47 billion in 2022, thereby accelerating market trends.