Anesthesia CO2 Absorbents Market Analysis
The market by product is categorized into soda lime, medisorb, dragersorb, amsorb, litholyme, and other products. The medisorb segment garnered USD 23.3 million revenue size in the year 2022.
- Medisorb plays a critical role in preventing rebreathing and removing exhaled carbon dioxide, along with maintaining proper gas exchange during surgery. Hence, as the number of surgeries increases the demand for Medisorb to ensure patient safety is set to increase.
- It has prolonged usage capacity that makes it particularly cost-effective. Thus, aforementioned factors are likely to drive up demand for medisorb anesthesia CO2 absorbent.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
Based on type, the anesthesia CO2 absorbents market is segmented into premium and traditional. The premium type of segment dominated the market and accounted for over 62% business share in the year 2022.
- High segment growth is attributed to its advanced features and benefits compared to traditional ones.
- Additionally, premium absorbents provide consistent CO2 absorption throughout their usage, which is critical for maintaining stable anesthesia levels and minimizing the risk of hypercapnia.
The anesthesia CO2 absorbents market by form is categorized into powder form, granular form. The powder form segment garnered USD 41.6 million revenue size in the year 2022.
- Powdered CO2 absorbents often have a higher surface area and reactivity compared to granular or solid forms. This can lead to more efficient and rapid CO2 absorption, ensuring that exhaled CO2 is effectively removed from the breathing circuit.
- Furthermore, powder form offers lower resistance to the flow of gases, that can be beneficial in maintaining the efficiency of the anesthesia monitoring devices market space which is estimated to reach USD 2.4 billion by the end of 2032, thus help in reducing the work of the ventilator.
The anesthesia CO2 absorbents market by end-use is categorized into hospitals, clinics, and others. Hospitals held over 45% of industry share in 2022.
- Presence of skilled healthcare professionals, advanced equipment in hospital settings will favor the business landscape.
- Enhanced health coverage for hospital-based healthcare services from several private and group insurance plans, among others, is further projected to contribute towards market growth.
To understand regional trends  Download Free Sample
U.S. anesthesia CO2 absorbents market accounted for USD 20.9 million revenue size in 2022 and is predicted to witness substantial market growth over the analysis timeline.
- Technological advancements coupled with substantial healthcare expenditure are the factors driving the market growth. Increasing number of surgeries owing to rising geriatric population further stimulates the demand for anesthesia CO2 absorbents
- Major players in the industry are focusing on development of advanced anesthesia CO2 absorbents thereby creating new opportunities for the U.S. market share.