Ambulatory Polysomnography Systems Market Size
Ambulatory Polysomnography Systems Market size was valued at USD 423.4 million in 2022 and is estimated to reach USD 706 million by 2032. There is a constant rise in global population, with a growing proportion of older people.
To understand key trends
Download Free Sample
For instance, according to a recent United Nations (UN) research statistic, the number of people aged 65 and over globally is predicted to treble over the next three decades. The aged population of above 65 is expected to reach 1.6 billion by 2050, accounting for more than 16% of the worldwide population. Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea are correlated with ageing. As a result, there is a growing demand for sleep apnea devices including tests and diagnostic tools such as ambulatory PSG devices to meet the specific sleep demands of older individuals. All the above factors are expected to continue to fuel the market progress.
Ambulatory Polysomnography Systems Market Report Attributes
|Ambulatory Polysomnography Systems Market Size in 2022:||USD 423.4 Million|
|Forecast Period:||2023 to 2032|
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2032 CAGR:||5.1%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 706 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2018 to 2022|
|No. of Pages:||160|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||213|
|Segments covered:||Product, Application, End-use, and Region|
- Increasing awareness of sleep disorders
- Growing geriatric population
- Increasing advancements in ambulatory polysomnography technology
- Rising prevalence of chronic diseases
|Pitfalls & Challenges:|
- High cost of equipment
- Limited reimbursement policies
To understand market opportunities
Download Free Sample
Ambulatory polysomnography systems are portable and lightweight devices, allowing patients to perform sleep tests outside of a typical sleep laboratory or clinical environment, such as in their own homes. These systems generally consists of a collection of sensors and electrodes connected to the patient's body to record various physiological data while they sleep.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the ambulatory polysomnography systems market. While supply chain and healthcare services were initially disrupted owing to lockdowns and restrictions, the pandemic also focused on the significance of remote healthcare monitoring and diagnostics. As healthcare systems responded to the virus's obstacles, a greater focus was placed on telemedicine and home-based care, including the use of ambulatory PSG equipment for remote sleep monitoring. However, the market also faced challenges related to reduced patient access to healthcare facilities and changes in healthcare priorities during the peak of the pandemic.
Ambulatory Polysomnography Systems Market Trends
The market is experiencing several notable trends that are shaping its growth and development. Some key trends include growing preference towards home-based sleep testing using ambulatory PSG systems, increasing wearable sleep monitoring devices, including smartwatches and fitness trackers, and rise in the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and data analytics in sleep medicine.
- Advancements in technology have resulted in the development of more user-friendly, portable, and accurate ambulatory PSG devices. These advancements enhance patient compliance as well as the accuracy of sleep data acquired during tests.
- Moreover, the integration of ambulatory PSG systems with telemedicine platforms has become more prevalent. Healthcare providers can remotely monitor patients' sleep data, offer consultations, and adjust treatment plans as needed. This trend enhances accessibility to sleep medicine services.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
The ambulatory polysomnography systems market by product is categorized into up to 12 channels, up to 24 channel, up to 32 channel, and above 32 channel. The up to 12 channel segment garnered USD 173 million revenue size in the year 2022. The dominance of the segment is driven by the need for detailed sleep data for accurate diagnosis, personalized treatment plans, and research purposes.
- Ambulatory PSG systems with up to 12 channels offer a wider variety of physiological data than systems with fewer channels. Data such as electroencephalogram (EEG), electrooculogram (EOG), electromyogram (EMG), electrocardiogram (ECG), airflow, respiratory effort, oxygen saturation, and leg movements can be recorded by these devices. This extensive data gathering allows healthcare providers to gain full and accurate evaluation of a patient's sleep.
- Furthermore, increased awareness of sleep disorders and their influence on overall wellness has led to a rise in demand for complete sleep tests. The value of precise and complete sleep evaluations is recognized by both patients and medical professionals, which has fueled the growth of up to 12 channel PSG systems segment.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
Based on application, the ambulatory polysomnography systems market is segmented into obstructive sleep apnea, chronic insomnia, narcolepsy, and others. The obstructive sleep apnea segment accounted for over 52.3% business share in 2022 and is anticipated to witness robust growth during the forecast period.
- There has been a tremendous growth in the general public's and medical professionals' awareness of sleep apnea. More people are seeking diagnosis and treatment as their understanding of the ailment increases. This trend encourages the market growth owing to an efficient method of diagnosing obstructive sleep apnea.
- Moreover, obstructive sleep apnea is more common among older adults due to factors such as muscle tone changes and weight gain. With the aging global population, there is an increasing pool of individuals at risk for OSA, leading to an increased demand for diagnostic tools like ambulatory PSG.
The ambulatory polysomnography systems market by end-use is categorized into hospitals, sleep laboratories, and home care settings. The sleep laboratories segment garnered USD 223 million revenue size in 2022.
- The prevalence of sleep-related disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea, insomnia, and restless legs syndrome is on the rise. As a result, there is a growing demand for precise diagnosis and treatment, which is leading to an increase in the use of sleep laboratories for thorough sleep tests using ambulatory polysomnography devices.
- Additionally, the enormous diagnostic accuracy of sleep labs is well established. They trained sleep technologists and sleep experts on assessing PSG data. This understanding ensures that patients obtain precise diagnosis and treatment strategies, which is why sleep labs are recommended. This is anticipated to boost the segment growth in the market.
To understand regional trends  Download Free Sample
North America ambulatory polysomnography systems market accounted for USD 155.1 million revenue size in 2022 and is predicted to witness substantial market growth over the analysis timeline.
- North America has one of the highest reported prevalence rates of sleep disorders globally. For instance, according to the American Sleep Association [ASA], the average individual has received less than seven hours of sleep every night in 2021, and 50 to 70 million individuals in the U.S. was affected by an insomnia disorder. Factors such as lifestyle, obesity, and aging contribute to a substantial number of individuals affected by conditions like obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), and insomnia among others. The need for accurate diagnosis and treatment drives the demand for ambulatory polysomnography systems in the region.
- Furthermore, North America boasts a well-developed healthcare infrastructure, including numerous hospitals, clinics, and sleep centers. These facilities often incorporate ambulatory PSG systems for sleep studies and diagnostics, contributing to the market's size.
Ambulatory Polysomnography Systems Market Share
The ambulatory polysomnography systems industry is fairly consolidated in nature, with major companies competing to offer superior ambulatory polysomnography systems in this business space. Prominent players such as Koninklijke Philips N.V, ResMed Inc., and Nihon Kohden Corporation hold a notable share in the market. These companies are diligently directing their efforts towards continuous product innovation to gain substantial market share.
Some of the eminent market participants operating in the ambulatory polysomnography systems industry include:
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- Natus Medical Incorporated.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- ResMed Inc.
- Löwenstein Medical Technology GmbH Co. KG.
- Cadwell Industries Inc.
- Somnomedics Gmbh
- Compumedics Ltd.
- Onera Technologies B.V.
Ambulatory Polysomnography Systems Industry News:
- On August 2023, Neurobit has announced the launch of Neurobit PSG, an AI-enabled sleep scoring platform that is destined to revolutionize the sleep analysis industry. This broad system, designed for healthcare practitioners, academics, sleep laboratories, and organisations, uses artificial intelligence algorithms to give accurate and fast sleep scoring.
- In April 2023, Onera Health announced an exclusive collaboration with MedBridge Healthcare. This new partnership aims to expand access to Onera's medical-grade PSG-as-a-service offering, enhancing the patient experience and reducing the operational load now experienced by many sleep clinics across the U.S.
Ambulatory polysomnography systems market research report includes an in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of revenue in USD from 2018 to 2032 for the following segments:
Click here to Buy Section of this Report
By Product, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Up to 12 channel
- Up to 24 channel
- Up to 32 channel
- Above 32 channel
By Application, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Chronic insomnia
- Other applications
By End-use, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Sleep laboratories
- Home care settings
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa