Specialty Pulp and Paper Chemicals Market size $31 Billion by 2024
Published Date: November 30, 2016 Authors: Kiran Pulidindi, Soumalya Chakraborty
According to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc., the specialty pulp and paper chemicals market size is set to exceed $31 billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 4.9% from 2016 to 2024.
Rise in the demand of one-sided specialty (coated) papers will be the principal driver for the growth in global specialty pulp and paper chemicals market share in the next few years. The demand for one-sided specialty (coated) papers was accounted for over 4,000 kilo tons in 2015 and will show significant growth.
Rising demand for labels and specialty flexible packaging materials, will play an important role in industry evolution. With increasing electronic commerce industry, and ease of home delivery mechanisms, the flexible packaging industry will find a growing demand in the upcoming years. They also find a huge application in envelopes, gift wraps, posters, release liners, laminations, and thermal transfers.
Improvements in process efficiency with increasing use of this chemicals will also drive the specialty pulp and paper chemicals market growth in coming years. Better cleaning of wall fibers and increasing the surface quality of papers is a major influencing factor for the market. The specialty chemicals help in reducing the biological oxygen demand of the waste water, hence improving its quality, and reducing the environmental damages caused by the heavy amount of waste water released by the industry.
Due to the heavy amount of water, chemicals and energy required in manufacturing, there have been strong environmental concerns, also involving release of methane and other greenhouse gases from waste in landfills. EPA and FDA have mandated several regulations in the paper & pulp industry, hindering the market growth. Certain chemicals used in the industry have malicious effects on prolonged exposure and the concerning FDA rules and regulations may act as restraints for the specialty pulp and paper chemicals market.
Browse key industry insights spread across 127 pages with 87 market data tables & 11 figures & charts from the report, “Specialty Pulp And Paper Chemicals Market By Product (Bleaching Chemicals, Process Chemicals, Polymerization & Blowing Agents, Functional Chemicals), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, China, India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, GCC), Application Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Functional chemicals registered the maximum share of over USD 10.5 billion in 2015. It constituted over half of the global specialty pulp and paper chemicals market share.
- Asia Pacific, led by China, will be the major driver for the global market and is expected to reach a revenue of USD 11.50 billion of specialty pulp and paper chemicals by 2024. The huge number of stationery and packaging industry end-users will account for this demand.
- Fastest growth is also expected in the Asia Pacific region owing to the growing demand of packaging industry and increasing production capacity of industries in these regions.
- North America and Europe is expected to lose their market share to Asia Pacific and Latin America owing to the growing digitalization in these regions.
- North America is expected to reach a total revenue of over USD 6 billion in 2024.
- In 2015, the global specialty pulp and paper chemicals market share was concentrated as the top six industry participants accounted for more than 80% of supply.