Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) Market size over $85bn by 2022
Published Date: January 2, 2017 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
MVNO Market size is set to exceed USD 85 billion by 2022; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Rising penetration of mobile network subscribers across the globe is anticipated to drive the MVNO market growth over the forecast period. Considerable funding by mobile network operators to advance the telecom infrastructure is likely to have a positive impact on the MVNO market size.
Internet providers such as Alibaba and WhatsApp and device manufacturers including Xiaomi and Foxconn have launched this product line in 2015, which offers lucrative opportunities for the MVNO market size. Mobile network operators (MNOs) are supporting MVNOS in order to increase their industry revenue, gain more consumers and expand into the niche industry segments.
The increase in the adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) technologies may fuel industry growth. It is attributed to the ability of MVNOs to generate revenue stream from roaming services as it delivers consistent global accessibility. U.S. MVNO market is predicted to witness attractive growth prospects over the next eight years; credited to the participation of various new entrants in the industry. For instance, in September 2016, Mango Mobile entered the U.S. industry and launched several plans such as the 100 MB of LTE data per month and USD 19 plan offering 250 voice minutes.
Browse key industry insights spread across 110 pages with 25 market data tables & 31 figures & charts from the report, “Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) Market Size By Country (U.S., Canada, Germany, Italy, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Africa), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Analysis, Application Potential, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2015 – 2022” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Europe MVNO market led the industry with revenue contribution of over 45% in 2014. Favorable pricing trends in the region and the presence of various industry participants drives the regional growth. Growing presence of operators in the region is helping in reduction of retail roaming charges, boosting the regional demand.
- China MVNO market is predicted to witness attractive growth prospects due to the increasing acquisitions of licenses by the companies such as handset vendors Xiaomi, Lenovo and Foxconn and internet players including Alibaba and Baidu. Moreover, regulators in China are liberalizing the mobile markets and supporting companies by introducing regulations that directly and indirectly support the growth of these operators, such as reduction in mobile termination rates (MTR) and introduction of mobile number portability.
- Development trends in emerging regions is restricted by several factors such as the insufficient development of retail distribution of networks, low virtual operator brand awareness compared to the major operators that are present in the market for a long time, higher tariffs for MTRs in few countries, and weak support from MNOs.
- Increasing penetration of mobile devices across Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and the UAE have led to the increasing focus on mobile broadband offerings, driving the MEA MVNO market size.
- Industry players include Lebara Mobile, Lyca Mobile, Freenet Mobile, Poste Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Tracfon, Giffgaff and TalkMob. Companies are delivering cost efficient services and customer experience management to drive the industry growth. In 2015, Vodafone UK announced that it will use Digitalk’s cloud-based platform to improve the services it offers to MVNOs. The cloud-based service is targeted at established brands that are planning to migrate their services along with the brands that will be launching new MVNOs.
MVNO market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of revenue in USD billion from 2012 to 2022, for the following regions and countries:
MVNO market by region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Hong Kong
- Latin America