Handheld Imager Market size to exceed $3.5bn by 2023
Published Date: January 11, 2017 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Global Handheld Imager Market size is set to exceed USD 3.5 billion by 2023; as per the latest report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Increasing adoption across several applications including military & defense, HVAC engineering, healthcare and electrical inspections is anticipated to drive the handheld imager market over the forecast period. Technological advancements have enabled the production of a crisp and clear image in daylight as well as extreme dark situations. Companies are increasingly focusing on R&D programs to offer innovative thermal camera-based handheld imagers that enhance the situational awareness and ensures adequate security.
The handheld imager market finds application in an assortment of industrial areas including manufacturing and refineries. These devices are designed for rugged performance coupled with the high efficiency and durability boosting the handheld imager market share. Declining products prices have led to an increase in adoption, to achieve the low price of the products, manufacturers are focusing on their abilities to manufacture the components such as infrared sensors in the mass quantity with high yield.
Advances such as reduction in size, weight and cost coupled with the ability to detect temperature differences of objects is expected to increase uptake in the fire & rescue sector. These applications require a camera with a widespread scene dynamic range, such that it can be pointed in the direction of the fire, yet produce a useable image. The latest handheld imagers incorporate advanced thermal imaging technology to maintain light weight and compact form factor Multi-function (MF) variants. In addition, they integrate digital magnetic compass, in-built laser range finder, GPS and day camera, which facilitates passage of data and target acquisition for improved situational awareness. Such advanced features are anticipated to drive the handheld imager market.
Browse key industry insights spread across 84 pages with 37 market data tables & 29 figures & charts from the report, “Handheld Imager Market Size By Application (Medical, Security, Industrial, Construction), By Product (Millimeter Wave Scanner, IR Scanner, Stud Finder, Microbolometer), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook, Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2023” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Millimeter wave scanner market is expected to see significant CAGR of over 17% over the next eight years owing to the increasing demand across commercial and government verticals. The product helps in detecting the concealed objects underneath an individual’s clothing utilizing electromagnetic radiation. Airports have witnessed growing deployment of these products to keep travelers safe by detecting weapons and any possible threats.
- Construction applications are expected to exhibit substantial growth and account for over 20% of the handheld imager market share by 2023. These devices allow data collection, access to computer-aided design drawings, maintain electronic books and reference materials, estimating and scheduling applications.
- Security applications dominated the handheld imager market size in 2015 and will remain the leading segment in the coming years. Key use cases include night patrols, stealth operations, search and rescue efforts and surveillance. Moreover, the devices help in detecting the distance of the object, and allow recording and sharing of the images.
- The U.S. handheld imager market contributed considerably to the global revenue in 2015 owing to increasing demand in applications across the airport security, government and commercial space. Airports across the country are replacing walk-through x-ray scanners with active millimeter wave full-body scanners, contributing to the overall handheld imager market size. The industry has also seen increasing IR scanner adoption across the commercial and industrial applications to avoid theft.
- Companies operating in the handheld imager market include Bosch, Zircon Corporation, DRS Technologies, Fluke Corporation, Stanley Black & Decker, FLIR and ULIS. Manufacturers in the industry are investing in specialized R&D systems focusing on developing application specific products and lowering the overall cost of the solutions.
Handheld imager market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of revenue in USD million from 2012 to 2023, for the following segments:
Handheld Imager Market by product
- Stud Finder
- IR Scanner
- Millimeter Wave Scanner
Handheld Imager Market by application
The above information is provided on a regional basis for the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America