Food Supplement Ingredients Market Size
Food Supplement Ingredients Market size is expected to register over 7% CAGR during 2023 to 2032, on account of the increasing awareness and focus on overall health and wellness among consumers. With a heightened interest in preventing health issues, there has been a surge in demand for dietary supplements. People are turning to food supplements as a means to bridge nutritional gaps and enhance their well-being.
To understand key trends
Download Free Sample
According to an NIH published survey conducted in Tanzania, multivitamins (64.1%) were the most frequently consumed supplement type, followed by Mineral (34.9%) and Herbal/Botanical (26.7%) supplements. The prevalent reason for dietary supplement use among working adults was to improve overall health (67.1%).
|Market Size in 2022:
|700 Million (USD)
|2023 to 2032
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2032 CAGR:
|2032 Value Projection:
|2 Billion (USD)
|Historical Data for:
|2018 to 2022
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|Product, Form, End-Use and Region
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
To understand market opportunities
Download Free Sample
Furthermore, the global population is aging, and with aging comes a greater concern for health and longevity. The 2022 report WHO highlights that the proportion of geriatric population aging over 60 years will nearly double from 12% in 2015 to 22% in 2050. This demographic shift has led to a higher demand for food supplement ingredients, as older individuals seek products that can support their specific health needs. The development of specialized ingredients targeting age-related health concerns, coupled with a notable shift toward plant-based and natural ingredients will shape the industry dynamics over the coming years.
The food supplement ingredients market is subject to stringent regulations, and navigating the ever-changing landscape of health claims, safety requirements, and quality standards remain a major challenge for manufacturers as it demands substantial investments in compliance. Additionally, there is saturation and intense competition as numerous players vie for dominance, exerting pressure on pricing and profit margins. These factors, coupled with the need for continued innovation to meet evolving consumer preferences and health trends, create a complex environment for the players, restraining the industry growth to some extent.
The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted supply chains, creating logistical challenges in the sourcing and production of ingredients. With the economic uncertainties that arose during the pandemic, consumer spending habits changed, leading to shifts in purchasing priorities. Demand for specific supplements, such as those related to immunity, spiked significantly, while other segments experienced reduced sales. Additionally, heightened health concerns prompted increased scrutiny of ingredient quality and safety. Overall, the pandemic introduced both opportunities and challenges, reshaping the market dynamics and emphasizing the importance of adaptability and resilience in the face of unexpected global events.
Food Supplement Ingredients Market Trends
With a growing emphasis on personalized nutrition, there is an increasing number of consumers seeking customized supplement solutions tailored to their specific health needs. This trend is fueled by advancements in technology, including DNA testing and wearable devices, which enable individuals to gain insights into their unique nutritional requirements. For instance, brands such as HUM Nutrition, Vous Vitamin, Gainful, and Persona Nutrition among others offer personalized vitamin subscription services. The development of more targeted and personalized supplement ingredients will influence the food supplement ingredients market growth graph.
Moreover, sustainability and eco-consciousness have become central themes in the industry. As consumers become more environmentally aware, they are seeking food supplement ingredients that are sourced sustainably and packaged in eco-friendly materials. Companies are responding by incorporating sustainable sourcing practices, reducing waste, and adopting greener packaging options. This trend aligns with the broader global movement towards a more environmentally responsible consumption, thus shaping the industry outlook in the coming years.
Food Supplement Ingredients Market Analysis
The probiotics product segment will record over 5.5% CAGR through 2032, led by the increasing awareness of the critical role of gut health in overall well-being.
- Consumers are proactively seeking products that support their digestive health and overall immune function, leading to a surge in demand for probiotics. The positive word-of-mouth experiences and testimonials from consumers who have realized tangible health benefits from probiotic usage have bolstered the product demand.
- Extensive research highlighting the potential benefits of probiotics, such as improved digestion, enhanced nutrient absorption, and immune system support, are contributing to their popularity.
The powder form segment of food supplement ingredients market will expand at 6.5% CAGR during the forecast period, attributed to its ability to be customized as well as its versatility.
- Powdered food supplement ingredients can be easily customized and blended into various food and beverage products, allowing consumers to incorporate supplements into their daily routines in a convenient and enjoyable manner.
- The powder form is often considered to have better bioavailability compared to pills or capsules. As the body can absorb and assimilate the nutrients in powder form more rapidly, it is particularly advantageous when the goal is to deliver quick results, such as with energy-boosting or recovery-focused supplements.
Considering end-use, the food supplement ingredients market from adults segment is projected to witness 7% CAGR between 2023 and 2032. The growth is ascertained to the increasing health-consciousness and focus on wellness among the middle-aged and senior demographics.
- Adults are more inclined to invest in dietary supplements to address age-related health concerns, such as bone health, joint support, cognitive function, and overall vitality, which contributes to the sustained product demand.
- The desire for improved quality of life and a preventive attitude towards health concerns are responsible for the preference of food supplement ingredients among adults, fostering market growth.
North America food supplement ingredients market size will showcase around 6.5% CAGR till 2032, favored by the heightened focus of population on health and wellness. Consumers are consistently seeking dietary supplements, including vitamins, minerals, and specialized ingredients to fulfill the nutritional body needs. The region also has an aging population that require supplements to cater to age-related health concerns, such as joint health, cognitive function, and heart health. The focus on enhancing the quality of life and promote healthy aging, in consort with preference for immune-boosting supplements will create lucrative growth prospects for market players in the North America region over the coming years.
Food Supplement Ingredients Market Share
The prominent player like Lonza Group significantly impacts the competitive landscape of food supplement ingredients industry through its extensive and diverse product portfolio, research and innovation initiatives, stringent quality and safety standards, global presence, and the provision of customized solutions. Its comprehensive approach enables Lonza Group to serve a broad customer base and stay at the forefront of industry developments. Some leading companies the market are:
- DSM Nutritional Products
- BASF SE
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM)
- Lonza Group
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Naturex (Givaudan)
- Ingredion Incorporated
- Glanbia Nutritionals
- Kerry Group
Food Supplement Ingredients Industry News
- In October 2023, Ayana Bio announced expansion of its Plant Cell Advantage ingredient range by incorporating plant cell-cultivated ingredients from dog rose, hedge nettle, and sage, that are high-quality, sustainable ingredients that improve people's quality of life.
- In October 2023, LaVie Mom, a renowned provider of pre and postnatal care solutions, officially introduced its eagerly awaited prenatal supplements. The lineup featured a Ginger Prenatal Vitamin and a Prebiotic Fiber Postpartum Gummy.
- In October 2023, Revivele, a healthcare company established by pharmacists to empower women in managing their well-being, unveiled "Essentials by Revivele,” a supplement system meticulously designed to enhance and sustain women's health and longevity, with a particular focus on the perimenopausal and post-menopausal phases of life.
The food supplement ingredients market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry, with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in Tons and revenue in USD from 2018 to 2032, for the following segments:
to Buy Section of this Report
Market, By Product
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Amino Acid
- Collagen Peptides
- Folic Acid
- Oxalic Acid
Market, By Form
Market, By End-Use
- Pregnant Women
The above information has been provided on a regional and country basis for the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :