Digital Wound Measurement Devices Market Size
Digital Wound Measurement Devices Market size was valued at USD 75.7 million in 2022 and is estimated to reach around USD 135 million by 2032. Owing to increasing incidence of chronic wounds, including diabetic ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous ulcers, rising advancements in technology have significantly improved the accuracy and efficiency of digital wound measurement devices, growing demand for telemedicine, and growing emphasis on patient-centered care, which involves empowering patients to actively participate in their own healthcare.
To understand key trends
Download Free Sample
In addition, the global population is ageing, which is contributing to a rise in the occurrence of wounds associated with ageing, such as pressure ulcers and surgical wounds. As a result, healthcare personnel require effective tools to treat these disorders, and digital wound measurement devices have become an essential component of advanced wound care.
Digital wound measurement devices are cutting-edge medical equipment and technology used to analyze wounds such as ulcers, surgical incisions, or traumatic injuries. These devices use a wide range of imaging and measuring approaches to collect extensive information on the size, depth, shape, and tissue properties of a wound.
Digital Wound Measurement Devices Market Report Attributes
|Digital Wound Measurement Devices Market Size in 2022:||USD 75.7 Million|
|Forecast Period:||2023 to 2032|
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2032 CAGR:||5.8%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 134.9 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2018 to 2022|
|No. of Pages:||170|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||266|
|Segments covered:||Product, Wound Type, Technology, End-use, and Region|
- Increasing incidence of chronic wounds
- Growing geriatric population
- Increasing advancements in digital wound measurement devices
- Growing trend towards patient-centred care
|Pitfalls & Challenges:|
- High initial cost for digital wound measurement devices
- Limited reimbursement policies
To understand market opportunities
Download Free Sample
The COVID-19 epidemic had a considerable negative impact on the digital wound measurement devices market. The pandemic had disrupted supply chains and raised raw material and component costs. This made it difficult for manufacturers and distributors of digital wound measurement devices to manufacture and sell their products. Furthermore, the pandemic has reduced the number of elective procedures, which has had a detrimental influence on the market.
Digital Wound Measurement Devices Market Trends
The market is experiencing several notable trends that are shaping its growth and development. Some key trends include rising integration of artificial intelligence (AI), growing focus on patient-centred care, adoption of remote patient monitoring devices and telemedicine.
- AI and machine learning are increasingly being integrated into digital wound measurement devices. These technologies can assist in automating wound measurement, recognizing tissue types, predicting wound healing trajectories, and providing more actionable insights for clinicians.
- Moreover, non-contact measuring methods, such as 3D imaging and laser technology, are gaining demand because they may offer exact wound measures without direct touch. These techniques lower the danger of infection and patient suffering, making them especially useful in the post-COVID-19 healthcare scenario.
Digital Wound Measurement Devices Market Analysis
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
The market by product is categorized into device, and software. The device segment garnered USD 60.1 million revenue in 2022. The dominance of the segment is driven by providing healthcare professionals with more accurate, efficient, and cost-effective tools for wound assessment and management.
- Continuous advances in technology have significantly improved the capability of digital wound measurement devices. High-resolution imaging, 3D mapping, and non-invasive measuring approaches have improved wound evaluation precision and efficiency. These advancements offer healthcare providers more precise and reliable data for decision-making, which is critical in wound care.
- Furthermore, the growth of telemedicine and remote patient monitoring has raised the demand for precise wound evaluation and data exchange. Digital wound measurement devices are critical to this trend because they allow healthcare practitioners to examine and monitor wounds remotely, reducing the need for in-person visits and enhancing patient access to care.
To understand key market trends
Download Free Sample
Based on wound type, the digital wound measurement devices market is segmented into chronic wounds and acute wounds. The chronic wounds segment accounted for over 70.3% business share in 2022 and is anticipated to witness highest growth during the forecast period.
- The increased prevalence of chronic health disorders such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease adds to an increase in the incidence of chronic wounds such as diabetic ulcers, pressure ulcers, and venous ulcers. These diseases frequently result in sluggish or non-healing wounds, demanding ongoing therapy and monitoring.
- Moreover, as the global population ages, the incidence of chronic wounds also increases. Older individuals are more susceptible to chronic wounds due to reduced skin elasticity, diminished circulation, and comorbidities. This demographic shift has created a higher demand for wound care and measurement solutions.
Based on technology, the digital wound measurement devices market is segmented into 3D and 2D. The 3D segment accounted for over 74% revenue share in the year 2022 and is anticipated to witness highest growth during the forecast period.
- In comparison with conventional 2D methods, 3D technology enables more precise and accurate wound measurements. This improved precision is crucial in wound evaluation, where slight differences in measurements might have serious clinical consequences. In order to make well-versed decisions about wound care, healthcare practitioners rely on accurate measurements.
- Moreover, 3D imaging provides a more comprehensive view of the wound, capturing details about its depth, volume, and contours. This level of detail is particularly important for wounds with irregular shapes, tunnels, or undermined areas, such as pressure ulcers and surgical wounds, leading to the segment growth in the market.
The digital wound measurement devices market by end-use is categorized into hospitals, clinics, and other end-use. The hospitals segment garnered USD 37.3 million revenue size in the year 2022.
- Hospitals are committed to providing high-quality patient care and improving outcomes. Digital wound measurement devices contribute to this goal by enabling healthcare providers to accurately assess wounds, monitor their progress, and make informed decisions about treatment, which can lead to better outcomes for patients.
- Additionally, digital wound measurement devices offer an efficient and streamlined approach to wound assessment. They reduce the time and effort required for wound measurements, allowing healthcare providers to allocate their time and resources more effectively. This is anticipated to boost the segmental growth in the market.
To understand regional trends  Download Free Sample
North America digital wound measurement devices market accounted for over USD 30 million revenue in 2022 and is predicted to witness substantial market growth over the analysis timeline.
- North America, including the U.S. and Canada, has a relatively high prevalence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes and obesity. These conditions often lead to chronic wounds, driving the demand for advanced wound assessment and management solutions.
- Furthermore, North America boasts a well-developed and technologically advanced healthcare infrastructure. Healthcare providers in the region are more likely to invest in and adopt digital wound measurement devices to provide high-quality wound care services, contributing to the market's growth in the region.
Digital Wound Measurement Devices Market Share
The digital wound measurement devices industry is consolidated in nature, with major companies competing to offer superior digital wound measurement devices in this business space. Prominent players such as Kent Imaging Inc., ARANZ Medical Limited, and TISSUE ANALYTICS hold a significant share in this market. These companies are diligently directing their efforts towards continuous product innovation to gain substantial market share.
Some of the eminent market participants operating in the digital wound measurement devices industry include:
- Kent Imaging Inc.
- MolecuLight Inc.
- Parable Health
- eKare Inc
- ARANZ Medical Limited
- TISSUE ANALYTICS
- Swift Medical Inc.
Digital Wound Measurement Devices Industry News:
- In February 2022, ARANZ Medical has announced the successful deployment of their Silhouette wound imaging, measurement, and recording system as a nationwide server inside the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Silhouette is a VA National Wound Management platform, with wound documenting capabilities.
- In October 2021, Essity, a hygiene and health firm, has launched Cutimed Wound Navigator, a revolutionary digital tool for wound measurement. The revolutionary mobile software collects essential wound features, creates an evaluation, and assists healthcare practitioners in selecting the proper wound solution to offer patients with the best possible treatment.
Digital wound measurement devices market research report includes an in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of revenue in USD Million from 2018 to 2032 for the following segments:
Click here to Buy Section of this Report
By Product, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
By Wound Type, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Chronic wounds
- Acute wounds
By Technology, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
By End-use, 2018-2032 (USD Million)
- Other end-users
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa