LiDAR Market worth $1.1bn by 2023
Published Date: November 25, 2016 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
LiDAR Market size is expected to reach USD 1.1 billion by 2023, according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
The industry is characterized by key notable players offering advanced, diverse and cost-effective solutions. Rising urbanization and large scale infrastructural development will contribute to the growth of global LiDAR market size over the forecast timeline. Heavy investments in infrastructural development and strategic alliances will remain the key strategies in the ecosystem. Increasing acceptance in automobile safety application, environmental mapping arenas, rising acceptance in the corridor mapping and civil engineering for monitoring & 3D-modeling applications will fuel the LiDAR market share from 2016 to 2023.
Rising adoption of technology in commercial as well as government applications such as railways, forestry and roadways management are among other growth drivers set to fuel growth rates in the coming years.
Operations are subject to regulations established by FEMA and USGS LiDAR Guidelines and base specifications. Varied nominal pulse spacing and vertical accuracy standards have been established by regulatory authorities for its operability. Specialized operations in high risk areas are subject to jurisdiction of standalone guidelines and base specifications for the National Geospatial Program of the U.S. government.
The technology has successfully acquired the photogrammetry systems customers due to its subtle operational deliverance and higher accuracy. Rising applications of UAVs in commercial operations linked would increase LiDAR market share. Lack of awareness and customer education is recognized as a business risk for the industry owing to negligence and loss of potential customers.
Mobile mapping systems have witnessed remarkable developments attributed to surging demand for accurate and high-resolution geospatial data. Introduction of internet mapping has increased the need for geospatial data.
Browse key industry insights spread across 150 pages with 79 market data tables & 46 figures & charts from the report, “LiDAR Market Size By Application (Corridor Mapping, Civil Engineering, Military & Defense, Government, Topographical Surveys), By Product (Short Range, Mobile, Terrestrial, Airborne), By Component (Navigation, Data Storage & Management Systems, Laser Scanners, GPS), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., UK, Germany, China, Japan, India, Mexico, Brazil), Application Potential, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 - 2023” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Mobile LiDAR market share accounted for about 20% of the overall revenue in 2015. Ability of eliminating the need for mobilization costs, collect up to 1,000,000 points per seconds saves time, increases the safety of data by removing the need for traffic diversion and provides safety for project personnel.
- Airborne LiDAR market size accounted for about 40% of the revenue in 2015. It offers high accuracy and detailed local elevation data, can cover large area, increasing productivity and reduce the environmental impact.
- Rising need of accurate elevation data for roads and construction projects for validating initial quantity estimates would support the civil engineering demand.
- U.S. LiDAR market size was valued at over USD 85 million in 2015 and would grow at 9.3% by 2023. Increasing adoption of 3D imagery by the U.S. government and advent of industrial automation would support the industry growth.
- Key competitors in LiDAR industry include 3D Laser Mapping Ltd., Renishaw, Saab, Leica Geosystems, Aerometric and Faro Technologies. The industry is characterized by mergers and acquisitions to extend their presence across the globe. Companies support customer relations and sales by offering raw material handling, operator training, service training and automated testing equipment. They can also maintain control over certain key component technologies by creating an internal supply network.
LiDAR market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of revenue in USD million from 2012 to 2023, for the following segments:
Global LiDAR Market by Product
- Short Range
Global LiDAR Market by Component
- Data storage & management systems
- Laser Scanners
Global LiDAR Market by Application
- Military & Defense
- Civil Engineering
- Corridor Mapping
The above information is provided on a regional and country basis for the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America