Prosthetic Heart Valves Market Size, Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Saudi Arabia), Application Development Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2019 – 2025
Report ID: GMI3230
Prosthetic Heart Valves Market size is forecasted to experience considerable growth from 2019 to 2025.
Prosthetic heart valves market will witness a considerable growth in the near future due to increasing number of valvular diseases. As per the American College of Cardiology, cardiovascular diseases accounts for around 31% of deaths on a global level. Additionally, North America being a developed region has been the epicenter for the rising prevalence of heart diseases due to changing dietary habits and lifestyle, lack of physical activity, over modernization, alcohol and tobacco usage. Hence, increasing rate of cardiovascular diseases coupled with habitual changes will augment the growth of prosthetic heart valves market.
Availability of favorable reimbursement policies such as Medicare, Medicaid plans and individual insurance policies will contribute to the growth of the market. As well as, capital investments by global players such as Medtronic and Abbott laboratories will augment the growth of the prosthetic heart valves market.
Stringent government regulations regarding the approval of heart valves in a few countries might constrain the growth of the market. Furthermore, high cost associated with valvular surgeries and requirement of professional training for handling such procedures are some of the major market impeding factors.
Based on type of products the prosthetic heart valve replacement market is categorized into transcatheter heart valve, tissue/bioprosthetic heart valve, mechanical heart valve. The transcatheter heart valve is estimated to witness a substantial amount of growth, since the prevalence of valvular diseases are increasing and patients with high risk for open heart surgeries prefer invasive procedures. Hence, prevalence of valvular diseases and growing demand for invasive surgeries are estimated to boost the market growth.
Increasing prevalence of aortic valve diseases will contribute to the growth of the prosthetic heart valves market. The factors responsible for the rising prevalence of aortic valve diseases are the age related changes to the heart and increasing cases of high blood pressure. Hence the accelerating rate of aortic valve diseases will augment the growth of the prosthetic heart valves replacement market.
Hospitals are estimated to hold the maximum shares in the prosthetic heart valves replacement market. Since, hospitals have the proper infrastructure and facilities to cover for such delicate procedures.
U.S. is expected to capture maximum shares in the prosthetic heart valves market within the forecasted time frame, owing to technological advancements in the invasive valve replacement procedures. Additionally, U.S. has a large number of geriatric population that is prone to cardiac and respiratory diseases, thus augmenting the market demand.
Prosthetic heart valves market is estimated to observe a considerable growth in the China market during the forecasted period. Due to the rising incidence of heart diseases and increasing rate of geriatric population as well as technological advancements will propel the growth of the market.
Some of the major industry players in the prosthetic heart valves market are Edwards Lifesciences, Medtronic, Sorin Group, St.Jude Medical, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cryolife, Inc., On-X Life Technologies, Inc. and Micro Interventional Devices, Inc. Their primary market expansion strategies include, novel product launch, strategic alliances and product approvals. For instance, in January 2017, Medtronic announced the European launch and CE mark approval of the CoreValve(TM) Evolut(TM) R 34 mm valve with the aim to expand its product portfolio.
Prosthetic Heart Valve Replacement Market by Product, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- Transcatheter heart valve
- Transcatheter aortic valve
- Transcatheter mitral valve
- Mitral valve repair
- Mitral valve replacement
- Transcatheter pulmonary valve
- Tissue/Bioprosthetic heart valve
- Stented tissue heart valve
- Stentless tissue heart valve
- Sutureless tissue heart valve
- Mechanical heart valve
Prosthetic Heart Valves Market by Diseases, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- Aortic valve disease
- Aortic valve stenosis
- Aortic valve regurgitation
- Mitral valve disease
- Mitral valve stenosis
- Mitral valve regurgitation
- Pulmonary valve disease
Prosthetic Heart Valves Market by End-use, 2014-2025 (USD Million)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cardiac Centers
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Sorin Group
- St.Jude Medical, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cryolife, Inc.
- On-X Life Technologies, Inc.
- Micro Interventional Devices, Inc.
What Information does this report contain?
Customize this Report
Our Market Research Reports Include:
- Market snapshot
- Market Segmentation
- Value Chain Analysis
- Growth Dynamics
- Potential Market Opportunities
- Regulatory Overview
- Technology Evolution
- Innovation & Sustainability
Why Global Market Insights?Comprehensive Research
- All-inclusive coverage
- In-depth and granular data (ex: information for 8 to 15 countries, with clients open to add to this list, in each report)
- Penetrative insights & latest trends
- Offers holistic understanding of the market
- Unique methodology
- Iterative in nature to eliminate errors
- Detailed methodology, scope, assumptions and data sources available for reference
- Committed to making a positive difference for our clients
- Given the nature of this industry, we are committed to ensure that our clients get maximum return on their investment in our services
- Every purchase comes with an option to obtain additional information:
- up to 10% of the original cost
- 45-minute analyst tele-call to obtain further clarity on the market.
- Global Market Insights, Inc. strictly adheres to PCI-DSS security norms.
- Only PCI-DSS compliant payment methods used for highest level of client data security
Connect with our sales team