Creatine Market size is set to observe stellar growth through the coming years, driven by the rising product demand by sports enthusiasts and bodybuilders to gain muscle strength. It is known to augment health and athletic performance.
Creatine is a compound that is naturally found in muscle cells. It helps the muscles in producing energy during high-intensity exercises or heavy weightlifting. Also, it is being taken up as supplements. According to Healthline report, about 95% of the body’s creatine is stored in muscles in the form of phosphocreatine, while the rest 5% is found in kidneys, brain, and liver.
Expanding the health and fitness industry across the globe is expected to influence the growth of creatine market over 2021 to 2027. Moreover, increasing construction of gyms and health clubs would further augment the business landscape. As per IHRSA research report, as of 2020, there were nearly 41,370 health clubs in the United States.
However, excess consumption of creatine is estimated to result in stomach discomfort and bloating. This factor is projected to challenge the development of market in the years ahead.
Based on the product diversification, creatine monohydrate is poised to capture notable share of the overall creatine market in the coming years due to its beneficial effects including improved upper and lower body exercise performance. Besides, creatine monohydrate supplements are touted to enhance brain functioning.
Creatine ethyl ester supplements are also likely to gain slating prominence worldwide owing to their increased absorbing capacity as compared to creatine monohydrate. In fact, subject to the differences in muscle uptake rates, it has been believed that the product can outperform creatine monohydrate in the ensuing years.
In terms of the application spectrum, creatine market from food applications would record commendable gains through 2027, fueled by increasing consumption of animal-products worldwide. Creatine is available in various animal food products like red meat and seafood. This helps in keeping the body fit and healthy and giving in an energy boost. Rising disposable incomes and urbanization across various economies are further projected to have a significant impact on creatine market from food applications.
Geographically, North America is anticipated to emerge as a lucrative growth hub for creatine industry in the coming years. The growth would come from the thriving regional sports sector and rising consciousness towards health and fitness. Alongside, increased consumption of seafood and poultry products in the North American economies is estimated to further garner notable gains across the regional market. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s ‘Fisheries of United States’ 2019 report, the per capita seafood consumption in the nation accounted for 19.2 pounds per person during 2019.
Various prominent players operating in the global creatine market are AlzChem Group, Tradichem S.L., Tiancheng International, Optimum Nutrition, B.M. PHARM, Jiangsu Yuanyang, and Gulang Xinmiao amongst others. These vendors are relentlessly working towards augmenting the business space by introducing novel products in global market. They are also engaged in potential industry practices such as mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations to gain a competitive edge.
The coronavirus pandemic has had a severe impact on global creatine market outlook. This can be attributed to the abrupt closing of gyms, health clubs, and fitness centers. Moreover, cancellation of various sports events in lieu of the health crisis would further hinder the market growth in 2021, till the situation gets back on track.