Solar Control Window Films Market size worth $1.71bn by 2024
Published Date: July 21, 2016 Authors: Ankit Gupta, Aditya Singh Bais
Solar Control Window Films Market size is expected to reach USD 1.71 billion by 2024; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Vacuum coated was largest product segment in 2015 owing to its consistent reflecting and high reflectivity coupled with impressive looks. However, high performance films and others product segment is forecast to witness strongest growth, at more than 11%.
Solar control window films market size in terms of absorbers is further classified into organic, metallic, and inorganic ceramics. Organics accounted for more than 35% of global revenue in 2015 and are projected to expand at over 10% CAGR.
Construction applications were valued at over USD 370 million in 2015 and will remain largest revenue contributors due to increasing demand across residential and commercial buildings. Automotive applications are forecast to experience highest gains owing to growing automotive sector.
Positive infrastructure spending trends coupled with rapid industrialization China, Japan, and India will drive industry growth. For example, China’s construction spending was above USD 1.7 trillion in 2015. Increasing awareness regarding safety and security in residential, commercial, and automotive sector may boost product demand. Window films offers enhanced safety by forming a shield and keeps broken part in place after breakage. However, growing smart glass demand to reduce energy bills may hinder solar control window films market growth.
Browse key industry insights spread across 80 pages with 103 market data tables & 11 figures & charts from the report, “Solar Control Window Films Market Size By Application (Construction, Automotive, Graphics/Decorative), By Absorber (Organic, Inorganic, Metallic), By Product (Clear, Dyed, Vacuum Coated, High Performance Films), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa), Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Global solar control window films market is projected to expand with 11.5% CAGR from 2016 to 2024. Rising product demand across end use industries such as construction and automotive is forecast to be key factor driving industry growth.
- Metallic absorbers were valued at over USD 640 million in 2015. Increasing demand for improving style along with increasing decorative application is forecast to drive solar control window films market for metallic absorber type.
- Automotive applications were responsible for over 25% of total volume in 2015. Increasing penetration in vehicles to enhance efficiency by stabilizing cabin temperature via solar rays will drive industry growth.
- Asia Pacific, followed by North America, was largest regional industry, accounting over 30% of global share in 2015. Increasing construction and automotive segment in the region is key factor driving this region.
- Argentina solar control window films market was valued above USD 20 million in 2015, and is estimated to rise over 10% CAGR.
- Global solar control window films market is highly consolidated. Key industry players are Solar Control Films Inc., 3M, Thermolite, CPF Films, Llumar Window Films, Vista Windows Films, and Johnson Window Films. Other significant contributors include CHB Industries, Eastman Chemical Company, Madico Inc., Pleotint LLC, and Solamatrix.
Global Market Insights has segmented the solar control films industry on the basis of products, absorbers & applications across various regional markets:
- Global solar control window films product type Analysis (Revenue: USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Clear (Non-Reflective)
- Dyed (Non-Reflective)
- Vacuum Coated (Reflective)
- High Performance Films and Others
- Global solar control window films absorber type Analysis (Revenue: USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Global solar control window films application Analysis (Revenue: USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Graphics or Decorative
- Global solar control window films regional Analysis (Revenue: USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- North America