Router and switch market size worth $41.02 bn by 2022
Published Date: March 7, 2016 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Router and switch market size is projected to reach USD 41.02 billion by 2022, as per a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc. Flourishing usage of cloud based computing solution is anticipated to propel industry growth. Features such as flexibility and application-driven customization of network infrastructure are expected to justify the shift in technology from hardware solutions to software solutions.
Ethernet service edge router market was valued at USD 9.62 billion in 2014 and it is likely to reach USD 12.63 billion by 2022. Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) are combined with hardware as well as software elements to meet customer requirements such as quality, total scalability, cost of ownership, experience and security requirements. BYOD market growth is anticipated to boost demand by offering numerous benefits such as cost reductions, employee satisfaction as well as better productivity.
Mobile data traffic is estimated to burst over the forecast period owing to increasing number of devices over the network accompanied by faster network deployed by the operators. Recovering networks from large scale routers, being a time consuming exercise, might hamper the router and switch market size. Furthermore, localizing and detecting large-scale router failures are critical to enhance network reliability. Rising number of smart phones, wireless devices and highly developed network namely 3G, 4G and LTE is expected to provide potential growth opportunities.
To access sample pages or view this report in detail along with the table of contents, please click on the link below:
Key report insights suggest:
- Asia Pacific router and switch market share accumulated over 25% of the overall revenue in 2014 and is expected to reach USD 10.79 billion by 2022, owing to rising demand for high-definition content as well as multi-screen delivery.
- North America, with U.S. router and switch market size dominating the region, was valued at USD 12.77 billion in 2014 and it is likely to reach USD 15.87 billion by 2022 due to increasing backhaul investments.
- Internet Exchange Router was valued at USD 13.04 billion in 2014 and it is forecast to reach USD 16.37 billion by 2022. The spur in demand can be subjected to its property of being the basic building block of the internet. Service provider core router was valued for USD 3.13 billion in 2014. It is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.8% from 2015 to 2022 due to optimized power consumption and high efficiency furnished by the system.
- Internet data center accounted for 40.6% of the overall market share in 2014. It is anticipated to grow accounting 41.8% of the total share by 2022. The surge in the industry can be accredited to features offered by the system namely higher bandwidth at economical price and enhanced power & space access.
- Major industry participants accumulation significant industry share encapsulate Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, Huawei Technologies, and ZTE Corporation.
- Cisco accounted for 67.5 % of the industry share in 2014. It mainly deals in selling of networking equipment such as switches and routers.
Global Market Insights has segmented the router and switch industry on the basis of product, service and region.
Router And Switch Product Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Internet Exchange Router
- Service Provider Core Router
- Ethernet Service Edge Router
- Multiservice Edge Router
- ATM switch
Router And Switch Service Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Ethernet Access
- Ethernet Aggregation
- Internet Data Center
Router And Switch Regional Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America