PP Nonwoven Fabrics Market size worth over $40bn by 2024
Published Date: November 22, 2016 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
PP (Polypropylene) Nonwoven Fabrics Market size is expected to reach USD 40.2 billion by 2024; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Strong indicators towards growth for infants and adult hygiene product sales should drive PP nonwoven fabrics market size. These materials meet exact specification for baby diaper manufacturing to suit for infant sensitive skin.
Spunbonded PP nonwoven fabrics market size occupied close to 50% of the total demand in 2015. They may also witness highest gains at over 8.5% over the foreseeable period. Spunbonded products are mainly suitable for disposable applications and are increasingly gaining importance in medical, protective apparel, geotextiles, carpet backing and furniture constructions.
China PP nonwoven fabrics market size generated over USD 2.5 billion business in 2015 and may expect significant gains up to 2024. Rising per-capita disposable income along with low labor wages particularly in China has led diaper manufactures to establish production base in the region.
Growing geriatric population base particularly in Japan and the U.S. should drive polypropylene nonwoven fabrics market growth. Global population base over age of 65 years may increase from 7% in 2000 to 16% in 2050 which may accelerate the prevalence rates of incontinence related disorders and will expand the user-base for incontinence care products.
These products are non-biodegradable materials which increases the risk of chocking of sewage pipes if flushed which causes difficulty in waste water treatment and hence may inhibiting the market growth. Polypropylene, a key raw material required for product manufacturing, is depended on crude oil index which may experience fluctuations and affect PP nonwoven fabrics market price trend.
Emergence of bio-based polypropylene has created immense opportunities for the nonwoven market globally. In April 2013, Fitesa announced the development and commercialization of a new 100% sustainable, 100% bio-based, spunbond nonwoven for the hygiene and personal care markets.
Browse key industry insights spread across 160 pages with 168 market data tables & 16 figures& charts from the report, “PP (Polypropylene) Nonwoven Fabrics Market Size By Product (Spunbonded, Staples, Meltblown, Composite), By Application (Hygiene, Industrial, Medical, Geotextiles, Furniture, Carpet, Agriculture) Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Poland China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, South Africa), Growth Potential, Price Trend, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- U.S. hygiene applications generated over USD 1.25 billion business in 2015. Demand in North America is may surpass its regional supply capacity over the foreseeable period. Utilization rates in North America are generally over 90% to meet the demand.
- China meltblown products may see significant gains at over 8.5%. Meltblown technology allows the production of ultrafine filament products under very economical conditions and can be combined with other product types.
- Japan may witness over 8% growth. Increasing ageing population base in the region should drive regional demand for adult incontinence products.
- Germany composite polypropylene nonwoven fabrics market may witness over 6.5% gains. Industry participants operating in European region are focusing on up gradation of obsolete technologies in order to meet new mandates.
- Furniture applications in PP nonwoven market may witness significant gains. They are used for manufacturing furniture & bedding construction sheeting, insulators, arms and back, dust covers, blankets, spring wraps acoustical wall coverings, spring wraps and table decoration.
- Increasing number of surgical procedures has been acting as one of the major factors driving nonwovens demand in the medical industry. These products remain the component of choice for providing appropriate protection due to their ability to create barriers either from the structure or from an additional active coating for personal protective apparel.
- Global PP nonwoven market share is fragmented with amongst top four industry participants contributing to over 40% of the total volume. The industry may witness consolidation with companies involved in mergers & acquisitions to minimize competition.
- Major industry participants include Kimberly-Clark, Polymer Group and AVGOL. Other major companies include Mitsui, First Quality, PEGAS, Toray, SABIC and Fibertex.
PP (Polypropylene) nonwoven fabrics market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry, with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in kilo tons and revenue in USD million from 2013 to 2024, for the following segments:
Global PP Nonwoven Fabrics Market By Product
Global PP Nonwoven Fabrics Market By Application
The above information has been provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa