Gold Nanoparticles Market size worth $8bn by 2022
Published Date: January 6, 2017 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Gold Nanoparticles Market size is projected to cross USD 8 billion by 2022; as per the latest research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Growth is expected to be stimulated by strong prevalence trends across medical applications for imaging, diagnosis, and drug delivery. Gold nanoparticles market product finds extensive application in targeted diagnosis and treatment of tumor and cancer owing to its special properties including strong scattering, optoacoustic signaling, high absorption rate with less bone or tissue interference, etc. Gold nanoparticles market also find applications in photo-thermal therapy and in coating titanium based dental implants for osteoinduction.
Growing expenditure for product development and R&D for applications in end-user industries will also boost the global gold nanoparticles market. Several ongoing research projects on application in gene therapy of plants, electrical and electronic products including colorimetric sensors, nanowires, fuel cells, etc. may give potential growth opportunities.
Development in application industries, especially in the electronics sector, will be an important growth driver for the gold nanoparticles market in the forecast timeframe. Development of the electronics industry in the Asia Pacific, with China, India, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan becoming the major manufacturing hubs for electronic goods, will have a positive influence in the global market in the next few years. Strong consumption in flash drives, micro SD, DLNA devices and several other precision storage devices, photovoltaic devices, and high precision printing will steer gold nanoparticles industry growth.
Insufficient and fluctuating gold supply for the manufacturing of the nanoparticles coupled with inconsistent raw material prices, owing to supply-demand gap may act as restraints for growth. Regulations regarding nanoparticles and their application may also hinder the global gold nanoparticles market growth in the forecast period.
Browse key industry insights spread across 75 pages with 38 market data tables & 9 figures & charts from the report, “Gold Nanoparticles Market Size By Application (Electronics, Medical & Dentistry, Catalysis), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook, Application Potential, Price Trend, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2015 – 2022” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Global gold nanoparticles market size is projected to exceed USD 8 billion by 2022, with high estimated gains of 25%.
- Major gold nanoparticles industry applications include medical and pharmaceuticals, electronics industry, chemical catalysis, and other markets such as cosmetics, etc. It is extensively used in medical imaging, diagnostics, oncological treatments, and targeted drug delivery systems.
- Global gold nanoparticles market size for medical applications recorded revenue over USD 650 million in 2015, which accounts for more than half of the global market share.
- Electronics are forecast to be the fastest growing application segment, owing to recent developments in the electronics industries using nanoparticles. The industry accounted for over USD 280 million of gold nanoparticles market in 2014.
- North America was the dominating region with close to 33% of the global share in 2014 and registered over USD 440 million in 2014. North America and Europe are expected to lose their shares to Asia Pacific owing to the developments in the electronics industry in the region.
- Asia Pacific accounted for over 20% of the global gold nanoparticles market share in 2014, registering a revenue more than USD 390 million. Regional growth is projected to witness a CAGR of more than 28% from 2015 to 2022.
- Key industry participants in the gold nanoparticles market are Metalor Technologies NanoSphere, Sigma Aldrich, BBI Solutions, Cytodiagnostics, Nanostellar, and Johnson Matthey.
Gold nanoparticles market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in tons & revenue in USD million from 2013 to 2024, for the following segments:
Gold nanoparticles by application
- Medical & dentistry
The above information is provided on a regional basis for the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America