Expanded Perlite Market size worth $1.34bn by 2024
Published Date: November 7, 2016 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Expanded Perlite Market size is expected to reach USD 1.34 billion by 2024; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Robust growth in construction industry in the past few years is analyzed to be the major factor pushing the global expanded perlite market size by 2024. In 2015, the construction business generated revenue at over USD 8 trillion and is projected to exceed USD 13 trillion over the forecast timeframe. The product finds widespread applications in the sound & thermal insulation panels, masonry products and bricks. It is being increasingly used in green rooftops, which is a rapid mounting segment, which will consequently result in industry growth. In addition, the product is extensively finds it usage in foundries for furnace insulation.
Escalating oil and gas sector will positively influence the expanded perlite market size by 2024. Increasing product application in process aid and filtration across water treatment, mining and drilling operations will stimulate the industry growth over forecast timeframe. It provides soil ventilation accompanied with thermal insulation in oil rigs. In 2013, there were roughly 15 thousand oil rigs globally and is estimated to reach 20 thousand over the forecast timeframe. This will positively impact on the business growth.
The product is broadly preferred element for soil used in the horticulture industry. It offers superior water holding characteristics making it desirable for horticulture. Horticulture is rising on account of increasing consumer demand for fruits & vegetables, decorative plants and seeds. Furthermore, horticulture yield accounted close to 22% to 26% of the overall food & animal products business. This will positively influence growth.
Expanded perlite is classified as safe for use its application in drinking water & beverages filtration owing to its inertness. It is extensively used for percolation in breweries, particularly beer, globally. In 2015, the beer production was nearly 190 gigalitres and is forecast to exceed 210 gigalitres by 2024 owing to boost expanded perlite market share. However, the industry growth is negatively impacted by product substitute threat by barite, polymeric foams and diatomaceous rock which may hamper industry growth.
Browse key industry insights spread across 95 pages with 86 market data tables & 14 figures & charts from the report, “Expanded Perlite Market Size By Application (Construction Products, Fillers, Filtration & Process Aid, Horticultural Aggregate), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, China, India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, GCC), Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Global expanded perlite market size is projected to reach USD 1.34 billion by 2024, with estimated gains at 7.5% CAGR.
- Construction products is forecast to experience gains more than 3% CAGR by 2024. Robust growth in the construction industry along with increasing product use for concrete additives, cement mixture, masonry, boulders and bricks will drive the expanded perlite market size from 2016 to 2024.
- In 2015, expanded perlite market share for fillers was worth close to USD 100 million. The product is used in toiletries formulations including soaps. It is used also in cinder blocks for pore filling and provides audio and thermal insulation.
- Asia Pacific, mainly led by India and China was dominant regional market in 2015. The regional growth was mainly due to escalating regional construction sector. For instance, in 2015, China’s construction business was close to 20% of the global industry. Furthermore, changing consumer lifestyles has resulted in increasing beer demand. This will stimulate industry growth.
- In 2015, the global expanded perlite market share was moderately fragmented. Key industry players include Perlite-Hellas, Cornerstone Industrial, Aegean Perlites SA and Supreme Perlite Company.
Expanded perlite market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry, with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in kilo tons and revenue in USD million from 2013 to 2024, for the following segments:
Global Expanded Perlite Market By Application
- Construction products
- Horticultural aggregate
- Filtration & process aid
The above information is provided on a regional and country basis for the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa