Defoamers Market worth over $4.3 Billion by 2024
Published Date: January 4, 2017 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Defoamers Market size is forecast to register over USD 4.3 billion by 2024; as per the latest research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Increasing use of the product in the pulp & paper manufacturing as surface active agents will have a positive impact on the global defoamers market. Pulp & paper market size was beyond USD 550 billion in 2015 and is set to grow steadily due to rising flexible packaging demand and the popularity of door step delivery and the e-commerce industry.
Defoamers market growth will also be characterized by the developing water treatment sector, which is set to witness significant growth with environmental as well as health concerns in favor of cleaner water and lower biological oxygen demand of industry discharge water impurities. In 2015, water treatment chemicals generated revenue beyond USD 25 billion and will have a remarkable growth throughout the forecast period helping the defoamers market grow consistently.
Rising paints & coatings demand in automobiles, buildings, and several other sectors will also influence the global defoamers industry demand. The rising lustrous finishing demand on automobiles to give them superior aesthetic features, driven by the enhancing social stature of the world population, will catalyze the defoamers market products’ demand in paint and coating industries. Global paint & pigment industry is projected to surpass USD 350 billion by the end of 2024.
Demand in food & beverages applications will also witness noteworthy growth, with f&b additives market recording revenue over USD 40 billion and with reducing spare time among dual income nuclear families, this market will likely have a healthy growth till 2024. Increasing use as additive to prevent froth formation in packaged ready-to-eat foods as well as in aerated drinks will drive the global defoamers market growth. Regulatory bodies such as the EPA and FDA have fixed the concentration of the product used in all industries. These regulations may restrain the global defoamers market in the upcoming years.
Browse key industry insights spread across 127 pages with 149 market data tables & 16 figures & charts from the report, “Defoamers Market Size By Product (Water-Based, Oil-Based, Silicone-Based), By Application (Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverages, Paints & Coatings, Water Treatment), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, China, India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, GCC), Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Global defoamers market size is projected to cross USD 4.3 billion by the end of 2024, with an estimated CAGR of around 4.5%. Silicone-based products accounted for a majority of the share with over USD 1 billion in 2015.
- Water-based products will likely be the fastest growing defoamers market product segment with an anticipated growth of over 4%. Application segments are categorized into pulp & paper, water treatment, paints & coating industries, and food & beverages with pulp & paper accounting to close to a third of the overall share in 2015.
- Stringent FDA regulations will restrict food & beverages application to less than 10% in the next eight years. U.S. defoamers market size will be above USD 1 billion in 2024 growing at a moderate rate.
- Asia Pacific accounted for over a third of the overall defoamers market and has held sway in terms of market share over the past decade. Led by South East Asian countries including Indonesia and Malaysia, the region will record the fastest growth due to its growing pulp & paper market. Indonesia will register growth by over 5% in the forecast timeframe.
- Global defoamers market competitive landscape is highly fragmented. The leading six producers will garner less than a quarter of the overall market share.
Defoamers market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry, with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in kilo tons and revenue in USD million from 2013 to 2024, for the following segments:
Defoamers Market by product
- Water-based defoamers
- Oil-based defoamers
- Silicone-based defoamers
Defoamers Market by application
- Pulp & paper
- Water treatment
- Paints & coatings
- Food & beverages
The above information is provided for defoamers market on a regional and country basis for the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa