Coated Paper Market size worth more than $57bn by 2024
Published Date: December 27, 2016 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Coated Paper Market size is forecast to cross USD 57 billion by 2024; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Increasing popularity of online trade and e-commerce with trending demand for door step delivery of commodities may drive the global coated paper market across retail packaging. With decreasing domestic slack time, owing to dual income families, the demand for home delivery retail system is anticipated to grow exponentially throughout the forecast period. Coated papers with different textures and grain quality provide various options for the packaging industry. Asia Pacific coated paper market will be dominated by China, Japan, India, and South Korea due to the rising tech-savvy population. With increasing customer-friendly e-commerce applications and portals, online retail trade will be a major propeller for the demand of coated paper of different grades.
Growing demand for flexible F&B packaging for increasing shelf life is also expected to drive the global coated paper market in the forecast period. Replacement of polymer-based food packaging systems with paper-based systems owing to the harmful side-effects of plastic will fuel product growth. Usage of coated paper packaging for cigarettes, industrial goods, medical products, and several other consumer goods may have a positive impact on the market in the next few years. Food and beverages account to more than half of the flexible packaging market and increasing demand of packaged food may steer coated paper market growth.
Strong quality requirements for magazines, brochures, annual reports, cards, and other products for advertisement purpose such as pamphlets and cards is also believed to influence coated paper market products’ growth. Global media expenditure was estimated to be more than USD 600 billion in 2015 and with increasing commercialization, this market will witness a steady growth. Aesthetic features of coated papers depending on the reader segments will positively effect the global market in the forecast timespan.
Coated paper market growth will be restrained by decreasing global pulp plantation, resulting in the closure of several pulp manufacturing industries. Shortage of raw materials which comprises of forest woods along with a huge amount of water and energy is shifting the focus on development of non-wood substitutes. Paper and pulp industry is very capital intensive owing to the huge investments in land, resources, raw materials, and labor forces; and this factor may negatively impact the growth of the coated paper market size in the next few years.
Browse key industry insights spread across 120 pages with 140 market data tables & 15 figures & charts from the report, “Coated Paper Market Size By Product (Coated Fine Paper, Coated Groundwood Paper), By Application (Printing, Packaging), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, China, India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, GCC), Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Global coated paper market size is forecast to be worth more than USD 57 billion by the end of 2024.Fine products, with over 50% of the overall revenue will continue to have strong consumption. These find exclusive applications in offset printing which is accountable for over one-third of all the printed materials.
- Based on application, the coated paper market is led by the packaging industry which accounted for over 48% of the overall share in 2015. Printing industry will lose its share owing to the increasing digitalization and popularization of e-books and online magazines and newspapers.
- Europe coated paper market size will remain mature in terms of growth opportunities, recording a revenue over USD 14 million in 2015. Asia Pacific is likely to be the most rapidly growing region with CAGR over 6% from 2016 to 2024.
- Global coated paper market is moderately fragmented with top five companies having less than 40% of the overall market size.
Coated paper market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry, with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in tons and revenue in USD from 2013 to 2024, for the following segments:
- Coated Paper Market By Product
- Coated fine paper
- Coated groundwood paper
- Coated Paper Market By Application
The above coated paper market information has been provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa