Ceramic Tiles Market worth $178.16bn by 2024
Published Date: September 27, 2016 Author: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Ceramic Tiles Market size is set to reach USD 178.16 billion by 2024; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Increasing construction spending globally is the key factor driving global ceramic tiles market share over the forecast timeframe. Asia Pacific, mainly led by China, Japan and India construction business is experiencing robust growth owing to boost industry growth. China was the major industry contributor, with construction expenses over USD 1.7 trillion in 2015. Government initiatives towards infrastructure development, rising disposable income and high population density are some of the other factors which are positively influencing construction sector, consequently stimulating the market size.
Robust growth in flooring industry, which is an essential portion of residential and commercial structure including airports, railway stations and hospitals, will boost the market share by 2024. In addition, flooring market size in Europe was roughly 3 billion square meters in 2015.
Key raw materials used in product processing includes silica sand, kaolin, Feldspar and bentonite. In 2015, bentonite clay price was approximately USD 65 per ton. Increasing raw material prices post economic downturn of 2008, will negatively influence ceramic tiles market share over the forecast timeframe. Furthermore, rising demand of these raw materials across various end user industries including thermal & electrical insulation, glass, paints, food packaging and refractories may affect the market price trend.
Sanitary ware and ceramic tiles processing (machining operations, drying, firing) results in dust formation, GHG emissions and formation of particulate matter. This may further hamper industry growth due to stringent environmental regulations.
Browse key industry insights spread across 120 pages with 143 market data tables & 16 figures & charts from the report, “Ceramic Tiles Market Size By Product (Floor Tiles, Wall Tiles), By Application (Residential Replacement, Commercial, New Residential), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, China, India, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, GCC), Growth Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- In 2015, floor ceramic tiles market share was valued at over USD 39 billion. Enhanced product quality including shock & thermal resistance and high durability compared to hardwood and other flooring material will drive industry growth by 2024.
- Ceramic tiles market for wall might witness gains exceeding 9.5% over the forecast timeframe. Wall tiles are sunlight resistant which helps in retaining its color for extended years. Also, these are available in a wide spectrum of colors which makes them desirable in walls. These are widely used in kitchens owing to their easy to clean characteristics.
- In 2015, ceramic tiles market size for residential replacement application was valued more than USD 36 billion. Rising remodeling spending to enhance floor & wall appearances will drive growth.
- In 2015, North America, mainly led by the U.S, generated revenue above USD 1.4 billion. Inclining remodeling activities laterally with forthcoming construction projects, including both residential and commercial buildings, are the major drivers for regional ceramic tiles market share.
- Asia Pacific will experience highest growth at over 10%. Growing construction spending in China, Japan and India will drive regional market size. Furthermore, drifting trend towards replacing marble floors, metal slabs and paints will further drive regional growth.
- In 2015, ceramic tiles market share was fragmented. Siam Cement Group, Mohawk Industries, Lamosa Grupo, Ras Al Khaimah Ceramics and Kajaria Ceramics are significant industry share contributors. Other industry participants are Florida Tile, Crossville, Ceramiche Atlas Concorde S.P.A. and China Ceramics.
Ceramic tiles market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in Million Square Meters and revenue in USD Million from 2013 to 2024, for the following segments:
- Floor tiles
- Wall tiles
- Residential replacement
- New residential
The above information is provided on a regional basis for the following:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa