Xylitol Market Size
Xylitol Market size is anticipated to record over 2.8% CAGR from 2023 to 2032, due to the rapidly expanding geriatric population along with the higher consumer preference for organic products worldwide. According to the Office for National Statistics, the number of people aged 65 years and above rose from 9.2 million in 2011 to over 11 million in 2021 in England and Wales.
To understand key trends
Download Free Sample
The growing awareness among consumers about the potential health risks associated with high sugar consumption has led to the increased demand for sugar alternatives, including xylitol. The National Institutes of Health states that nearly 184,000 deaths each year are attributable to consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages (SSBs) worldwide. On account of its low glycemic index and fewer calories, xylitol has emerged as a popular choice among health-conscious individuals. The increasing emphasis on sustainability and naturally sourced ingredients for xylitol production to cater to environmentally conscious consumers will also drive the market growth.
|2023 to 2032
|Forecast Period 2023 to 2032 CAGR:
|Historical Data for:
|2018 to 2022
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|Application, Downstream potential
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
To understand market opportunities
Download Free Sample
The surging burden of several health conditions affecting the immune system, mainly diabetes coupled with the increasing prominence of improved dental care will prove favorable for the xylitol market growth. As per the National Diabetes Statistics Report in 2022, around 37.3 million people in the U.S. had diabetes. The rising number of diabetic patients has prompted their higher focus on managing weight, further influencing the demand for xylitol to offer minimum impact on blood sugar levels and calorie content. However, the growing availability of several substitutes of xylitol, such as sorbitol to meet the requirements of low-sugar intake may hinder the product demand to some extent.
The COVID-19 pandemic positively impacted the xylitol market growth on account of the rising demand for xylitol as sugar substitute and healthy sweetener to cater to the rapidly rising health-conscious population. The surged emphasis on personal hygiene and health accelerated the importance of dental health, in turn driving the preference for xylitol-containing dental products. However, the increased emphasis of certain xylitol manufacturers on producing essential items, including hand sanitizers and PPE to combat the surging infection hindered the product adoption to some extent.
Xylitol Market Trends
The continually evolving regulations around sugar substitutes as well as their labeling requirements will favor the xylitol industry expansion. The rollout of stringent safety regulations are highlighting the importance of xylitol as a safe sugar substitute. The increasing regulatory standards for xylitol products are also ensuring quality and consistency, further pushing manufacturers to benefit from clear guidelines on production, sourcing, and product quality. For instance, in September 2021, The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) disclosed its full endorsement of the Paws Off Act of 2021, requiring food containing xylitol to feature a warning label specifying its toxic effects.
Xylitol Market Analysis
The personal care application segment of the xylitol industry will witness immense traction through 2032, led by rising preference by consumers with sensitive and dry skin to render humectant properties and locking moisture.
- The surging adoption of sunscreen products is contributing to the higher incorporation of xylitol for enhancing spread ability and texture while offering ease of application, fuelling the product demand to render skin-conditioning attributes.
- Leading personal care product suppliers are including xylitol in several deodorants and antiperspirants on account of its antibacterial properties to reduce odor-causing bacteria.
- Growing usage of xylitol in toothpaste and mouthwash products to limit prevent tooth decay and promote oral health will also drive the market growth. For instance, in February 2021, well-known oral care brand Hello introduced its new Naturally Healthy Mouthwash Refill Pouch, which is formulated with coconut oil, aloe vera, mint and xylitol.
As per the downstream application potential, the xylaric acid segment will generate significant revenue for the xylitol market over 2023-2032.
- The surging awareness regarding low-cost alternative for petrochemicals in chemical processing will favor the product demand. On account of its conversion into value-added products, such as platform chemicals, xylaric acid is witnessing higher potential in the production of bio-based chemicals.
- Lately, xylaric acid is also recording rising application in nylon fabric materials, PET bottling and solvents to render lower environmental impacts.
North America xylitol market size is slated to witness 4.5% CAGR through 2032. The increasing health-conscious individuals has led to the expansion of low-calorie and sugar-free products. The rapidly ageing population is making way for the rising purchasing power as well as improved access to quality healthcare and pharmaceuticals. The surging burden of cardiovascular diseases, type 1 diabetes, and obesity has also pushed pharma companies to focus on investments to provide natural products in the region.
The American Dental Hygienists' Association reported that nearly 80% of people in the U.S. have at least one cavity before 17 years of age. This subsequent jump in dental cases driven by the prevalence of bad eating habits will add impetus to the regional industry growth.
Xylitol Market Share
Leading companies in the xylitol industry are implementing strategic alliances to amplify their market presence. A pioneer in sustainable food production and major manufacturer of high-quality products, Fazer has reinforced its position as the forerunner in the development of circular business models and manufacturing processes.
Some of the prominent xylitol industry contenders include:
- Xylitol Canada
- CSPC Shengxue Glucose
- A&Z Food Additives
- Herboveda India
- Asiamerica Group, Inc.
Xylitol Industry News
- In March 2022, Roquette invested US$27.5 million (€25 million) in its Lestrem, France site to boost the production and supply of its liquid and powder polyols, inclusive of xylitol, by 2024
- In May 2022, Fazer secured US$315 million investment for commencing the production of xylitol from oat hulls
The xylitol market research report includes in-depth coverage of the industry, with estimates & forecast in terms of volume in Ton’s revenue in USD from 2018 to 2032, for the following segments:
to Buy Section of this Report
Market, By Application
- Chewing gum
- Personal care
Market, By Downstream Application Potential
- Ethylene glycol
- Propylene glycol
- Xylaric Acid
- Bio PA
The above information has been provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America (LATAM)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :