Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market Size, Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Saudi Arabia), Application Development Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2019 - 2025
Report ID: GMI3062
Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market size is anticipated to grow significantly during the forecast period from 2018 to 2024.
Optogenetics actuators and sensors industry should witness significant expansion due to increasing prevalence of neurological and retinal disorders across the globe. As per National Institute of Health Report, around 50,000 people are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in U.S. each year and about half a million people have the disease. Increasing use of optogenetics actuators and sensors to enhance understanding of neural circuit dysfunction should boost industry growth. Underlying mood disorders and Parkinson’s disease will further augment business growth in upcoming years.
Based on product type, the industry is segmented into actuators and sensors system. Optogenetic actuators are proteins that modifies the activity of cell in after exposure to light. These actuators can be used to induce single or multiple action potentials and suppress neural activity. Increasing patient preference for these technologically advanced optogenetics will foster industry growth in coming years.
Disease segment will witness lucrative business growth owing to rising prevalence of retinal disorders in population. As per NCBI 2016 report, the estimated overall prevalence of glaucoma in the U.S. population aged 40 years and older was 2.1%. Increasing use of these optogenetics actuators and sensors for treating retinal disorders will fuel optogenetics actuators and sensors industry growth in forthcoming future.
U.S. optogenetics actuators and sensors market will grow considerably due to rising number of government organizations providing funds to academic research institutions coupled with increasing investment in R&D activities. For instance, according to U.S. Investments in Medical and Health Research and Development, the total U.S. investment in medical and health R&D grew by 13.3% from 2013 to 2015, led by the federal government and industries will propel market growth in upcoming years.
Few notable industry players include, Addgene, Bruker, Circuit Therapeutics, Coherent, Danaher, Elliot Scientific, Gensight Biologics, Merck, Noldus Information Technology, Prizmatix, Scientifica, The Jackson Laboratory, Thorlabs, and Shanghai Laser & Optics Century. These industry players are focusing on developing innovative optogenetics actuators and sensors to escalate their market position as well as strengthen product offerings.
Optogenetics actuators and sensors market by product, 2013-2024 (USD Million)
- Genetically encoded calcium indicators
- Voltage-sensitive fluorescent proteins
- pH sensors
Optogenetics actuators and sensors market by disease, 2013-2024 (USD Million)
- Retinal disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Anxiety & depression
The above information is provided for the following regions and countries:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Circuit Therapeutics
- Elliot Scientific,
- Gensight Biologics
- Merck KGaA
- Noldus Information Technology,
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Shanghai Laser & Optics Century
What Information does this report contain?
Customize this Report
Our Market Research Reports Include:
- Market snapshot
- Market Segmentation
- Value Chain Analysis
- Growth Dynamics
- Potential Market Opportunities
- Regulatory Overview
- Technology Evolution
- Innovation & Sustainability
Why Global Market Insights?Comprehensive Research
- All-inclusive coverage
- In-depth and granular data (ex: information for 8 to 15 countries, with clients open to add to this list, in each report)
- Penetrative insights & latest trends
- Offers holistic understanding of the market
- Unique methodology
- Iterative in nature to eliminate errors
- Detailed methodology, scope, assumptions and data sources available for reference
- Committed to making a positive difference for our clients
- Given the nature of this industry, we are committed to ensure that our clients get maximum return on their investment in our services
- Every purchase comes with an option to obtain additional information:
- up to 10% of the original cost
- 45-minute analyst tele-call to obtain further clarity on the market.
- Global Market Insights, Inc. strictly adheres to PCI-DSS security norms.
- Only PCI-DSS compliant payment methods used for highest level of client data security
Connect with our sales team